When we were living in LA, my husband worked pretty long hours. I didn’t get to see him a lot, and our communication was limited, but one of the ways he would show his love for me was by bringing me leftovers of his lunch. It may seem silly, but I looked forward to those leftovers every day! We both love the Eggplant Parmesan that I cooked up a few months ago – so when he was out to lunch one day, he decided to try an Eggplant Parmesan sub from one of the local eateries. It was GIGANTIC, so he brought home quite a bit of it. IT WAS AMAZING. By far one of the best subs I had ever had.
The more I got thinking about it, the more I realized how easy they would be to make at home. That’s when these delicious little sliders were born. They are perfect served as an appetizer, for a tailgate party, or if you eat a few – your main dish.
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced about ⅛" thick
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 10 slices of Provolone (or Mozzarella) cheese
- spaghetti sauce to taste
- 10 small dinner rolls
- Place the slices of eggplant in a salted bowl of water. Let them soak for 20 minutes, and then rinse and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Dip each slice of eggplant in the eggs, and then dredge it in the bread crumbs. Place each slice on the baking sheet. Repeat until sheet is full. My one eggplant had enough slices to fill up the entire sheet.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then remove from oven, flip over, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Place 2-3 slices on each roll, top with spaghetti sauce and cheese.
- Makes 10 sliders.
Are you on Instagram? Follow @SixSistersStuff for a sneak peek behind our everyday lives!