You can pre-order our “12 Days of Christmas” cookbook TODAY for only $14!
This book is due to be released on September 30, so grab this deal while you can (regularly $19.99).
Get the book HERE!
Happy Zucchini season!
You may have noticed that we have a lot of zucchini recipes . . . it seems to be that the only thing I am able to successfully grow in my garden are zucchini!
This has been one of my favorite recipes to date- it’s pretty much delicious zucchini bread with thick frosting on top. And it’s amazing. 🙂
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat eggs, vegetable oil, applesauce, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla together in a large bowl. Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg and mix well. Fold in zucchini and stir until completely mixed in. Pour batter into prepared 9x13" pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake cools, mix together frosting ingredients and spread over the top of the cake. If desired, sprinkle the top of the cake with cinnamon and sugar.
Recipe inspired by Gold Medal Flour