I love girl scout cookie season, but now thanks to Keebler’s Coconut Dreams cookies I don’t have to wait for March to roll around! They taste almost identical to the real thing! After trying them, I knew I had to find a way to incorporate them into a recipe. My mom and a few sisters came over and we ate way too much of this yummy popcorn….and I may have finished it off after they left! 😉
With caramel popcorn, toasted coconut, cookie chunks and drizzled chocolate it is bound to be a family favorite!
With caramel popcorn, toasted coconut, cookie chunks and drizzled chocolate this Samoas Popcorn is bound to be a family favorite!
15 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 4 quarts popped popcorn (about 1 cup kernels)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package Samoas cookies (or Keebler's Coconut Dreams 8.5 ounce package), roughly chopped
- 2 cups toasted coconut (you can learn how to toast coconut here)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Pop your popcorn and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Over medium heat boil butter, brown sugar, salt and corn syrup for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Pour over popcorn and mix gently until popcorn is well coated.
- After the popcorn is coated, spread onto a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle chopped cookies and toasted coconut over top of popcorn and put in oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle melted chocolate over top of popcorn.