A couple of days ago. someone asked me what food blogs I used to look at before I started blogging. We started our blog in 2011 and back then, there weren’t as many food blogs (and many of them were not as well known as they are today). Pinterest was just starting out and no one knew how to use it . . . so I really found most of my recipes on TV (I loved Rachel Ray) and through Google. Google led me many times to The Pioneer Woman, which has always been one of my favorite sites. Ree’s writing is hilarious and her recipes are to die for!
I had the chance to meet Ree last summer down in Texas and she is seriously as kind in person as she seems on TV or in her blog posts.
This recipe is one that I found on her blog years ago and my family loves it. It’s the perfect meal for those busy weeknights when you have piano lessons, soccer practice, tumbling, and dance all on the same night. 😉
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 oz) package wide egg noodles, uncooked
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- ½ cup green onions, finely diced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook egg noodles following directions on packaging. Rinse noodles in cold water and drain.
- While noodles are cooking, brown hamburger and add garlic salt and salt and pepper. Drain meat, then pour in tomato sauce and let simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix sour cream, cottage cheese, and green onions together. Add salt and pepper if desired. Add sour cream mixture to meat in skillet and mix well.
- Place noodle and meat mixture in a 9x13" baking pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and top with shredded cheese. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
Recipe slightly adapted from The Pioneer Woman.
Have you checked out our new website, Six Sisters’ Style?
We share our tips and secrets on clothing, fashion on a budget, style, beauty, and so much more!