Slow Cooker Honey Balsamic Pork Roast Recipe

Every once in a while, pork roasts at my local grocery store go on sale for incredibly cheap, so I buy them in bulk (seriously, I look like a crazy lady with a cart full of pork roasts), but I run out of ideas of what to do with them. This recipe kind of came together by accident, but my kids and husband LOVED it! I took some of the juices from the bottom of the crock pot, mixed in some cornstarch, and it made an amazing gravy to drizzle over the top. An awesome meal that takes only minutes to prepare (but looks and tastes like you spent a lot of time on it!).

Slow Cooker Honey Balsamic Pork Roast
1 (2-3 pound) shoulder pork roast
salt and pepper
1/4 cup honey
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle salt and pepper on all sides of the pork roast and place inside the slow cooker. Drizzle honey over the top of the roast. In a medium bowl, mix together beef broth, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Pour over the roast. Cook on low for 8-10 hours (which is the method I prefer- low and slow!) or you could cook on high for 5-6 hours (but I feel like it never falls apart as easily as when you cook it on low all day long).
When it’s finished, remove juices from bottom of slow cooker and place in a small saucepan over medium high heat. In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon of corn starch and 1 tablespoon of water. Pour cornstarch mixture into saucepan and whisk quickly. When mixture starts to thicken, pour over roast and enjoy!

Makes 6-8 servings (depending on size of roast).

Looking for more pork roast recipes?
Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast
Maple and Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin
Balsamic Honey Pulled Pork Sliders
Slow Cooker Chile Verde Pork Roast

Camille Sig

Be sure to check out our new Six Sisters’ Store where you can find all our favorite kitchen and baking supplies, plus our cookbooks!

six sisters store 2

Like It? Share it!

If you enjoyed this post please consider sharing it with a friend

Family recipes, fun ideas, home projects & so much more!

Sign up for our free email newsletter and never miss another great recipe or tutorial.

• Cyd says

On the Six Sisters home page click on “recipe index” then click on “side dish/vegetables”. We have so many recipes that would go great with this pork roast. Our roasted parmesan potatoes or Cheesy ranch potatoes would go well. Then have a delicious side salad or veggie. Hope this helps! Thanks so much for stopping by our blog.

• Cyd says

Hi Amanda, We have not tried this in a dutch oven, so not sure what adjustments would need to be made. This would really taste amazing though in a dutch oven. Can’t wait to hear how it goes! Keep us posted!

• Cyd says

If you don’t have balsamic vinegar you can make your own that will work as a substitute. You can use 1 tablespoon cider or red wine vinegar plus 1/2 teaspoon sugar to substitute for 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. So this recipes calls for 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, you would need 1/2 cups cider or red wine vinegar and 2 teaspoons of sugar.

1. Ginna Bird says

This was a big hit with the entire family. The taste reminded me of German Saurbraten with much less time and effort. I will definitely make this again! I ended up using 2 Tbsp cornstarch to get the desire thickness in the sauce. It was yummy over Spaetzle/egg noodles.

2. Patti Taylor says

I didn’t get this tarted early enough to use my slow cooker so it is in the oven. I am roasting it at a low temperature, hoping it will be as good as in the slow cooker. I loved finding a recipe for a pork roast that is different! Thanks for sharing.

3. Paula says

We made this tonight. I roughly chopped up some onions and peeled, cored apples, then put those in the bottom of the crock pot. Put the roast on top of the apple and onions. This was delicious and is now our favorite way to cook pork roast. Thanks for sharing!

4. Jen says

Just wanted to say I made this for my parents for Mother’s Day dinner yesterday, and it was a huge hit. So super tasty! I did use 2 tbsp corn flour to get the desired sauce thickness, though. I turned the leftovers into pulled pork for sandwiches. Possibly the best pork I’ve ever had. ^^

5. Nicole James says

On soccer days, I try to put our dinner in the crockpot in the morning so it can be ready as soon as we get in from practice. This was a perfect recipe for that: easy and delicious. We had it tonight, and used only half the marinade,and shredded the pork to put into sandwiches. Everyone loved it and asked for seconds! It was so easy and delicious. Thank you!