Jello Lemon Bars

Jello Lemon Bars

My husband husband and I are living with my Grandparents right now while we wait to move across the country for his residency in Indiana . It has been so fun being here.  Living with someone lets you see a whole other side of them that you usually don't see.  We have LOVED being here and will be sad to go!  One thing that I will miss is my Grandma's cooking!  She made these Jello Lemon Bars and they were so good, I just had to make them again!  If you love lemon, you are going to LOVE these!

Jello Lemon Bars
serves 12

Ingredients:

1 package of yellow cake mix

1 (3 ounce) dry package of lemon Jell-O gelatin

4 eggs

3/4 cup water

3/4 cup vegetable oil

Icing:

2 cups of powdered sugar

2 lemons, juiced (about 6 tablespoons)

2 tablespoons of melted butter

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together the cake mix, jello, eggs, water and oil. Make sure it is mixed well.

Spray a 9x13 glass pan with non-stick spray and pour your batter into it.

Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Mix together your butter, powdered sugar and lemon juice.

When your cake is done cooking, poke holes all over the cake. (I used the back of my wooden spoon)

Pour the frosting over the cake while it is still hot from the oven. That way the frosting will seep into the cake.

You can serve it warm or cold.

Looking for other lemon desserts? These are some of my favorite!
Luscious Lemon Dessert
Lemon Oreo Cheesecake Bars
No Bake Lemon Icebox Cake
2 Ingredient Lemon Cake
Creamy Lemon Bars

krissignature-001_2_2[1][1][1]

Be sure to check out our new Six Sisters' Store where you can find all our favorite kitchen and baking supplies, plus our cookbooks!

six sisters store 2

1. June Kramer says:

My family lives in Muncie. I am assuming your husband will be at IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital. My husband is a volunteer there two days a week and we know several people associated with the hospital. I will be happy to help you with anything you need before or when you come to Muncie. We have lived here all of our married lives which is coming up on 46 years. Feel free to contact me if you need something.

• Kris says:

Thank you so much June! We are so excited to move there! IU Ball Memorial was our first choice – the main reason being the people my husband met out there! I will be sure to contact you if I have any questions! Thanks again!

2. Brillante says:

Do you know about how much lemon juice that is? I don’t always have lemons around but I do have Real Lemon.

3. kate says:

I just made these, following the directions to the letter. I have a very moist lemon sponge cake, not bars. The taste is very good, though.

• Carole says:

I had the same thing happen. I wonder if we should use a Jiffy mix yellow cake. But would think they would say. Did taste good though just not dense like bars should be.

4. Megan says:

I mistakenly used lemon cake mix instead of yellow cake mix and I have to say that my guests were in awe over how great this was!! If you really love lemon, go for the lemon cake mix over the yellow.

5. kathleen says:

I just made these OMGoodness! So moist and yummy.
    However I too got a lemony sponge cake. What happened?

6. Janice Lumb says:

Just made this for dessert tonight. Took a little taste test I think everyone will be very pleased. Thanks for the share :)

7. TPC says:

I have tried this recipe twice in a glass 9×13 cake pan. It never rises as much in the center as it does the sides. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?? It still tastes very yummy, just doesn’t look like the picture.