- Posted on
- 3 Comments
My girls have been begging me to dye Easter Eggs so I though I would share with you how we dye them without the kit! My girls loving add the food coloring, and we can make them the whole month long without paying $4.00 for the little tablets!
What You Need
- 12 Hard-boiled eggs (or more if desired)
- Paper towels or newspaper
- Bowls or cups deep enough to completely submerge an egg (mugs work great)
- Tongs, egg dipper, or spoon
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Liquid food coloring (about 20 drops per color)
1. Start with cooled hard-boiled eggs. (Find out how we make the perfect hard boiled egg HERE)
2. Protect your surface by covering with a sheet of newspaper or paper towel.
3. Fill container with the mixture of water, vinegar, and food coloring.
4. Place your egg on a spoon and dunk it, turning occasionally so both sides get color. Keep in liquid for up to 5 minutes, leave in longer for a darker color.
5. Carefully remove the egg and set aside to dry.
Wondering how to boil the perfect egg?
Then this is the perfect post for you!
Easy Deviled Eggs and How to Boil the Perfect Egg
Be sure to check out our new Six Sisters' Store where you can find all our favorite kitchen and baking supplies, plus our cookbooks!