We can’t begin to tell you how much we love using our slow cookers. It’s so nice to throw all the ingredients in your crock pot and no dinner worries for the rest of the day! Your family will go crazy over this King Ranch Chicken recipe with chicken, cheese, and tortilla chips. It’s so delicious! You’ll go crazy over it because it’s super easy to make! Enjoy!
- 14 ounces tortilla chips, white or yellow
- 5 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies, drain slightly (I used rotel)
- 10.75 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 10.75 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheese, (I used Mexican blend)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Spray slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread a layer of tortilla chips in the crock pot to cover the bottom. (It's ok if they are overlapping.)
- In a medium sized bowl combine the chicken, diced tomatoes, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, garlic and onion.
- Stir until combined.
- Place half of the chicken mixture on top of the chips.
- Then top with half of the cheese.
- Then repeat layers on top of cheese.....chips, chicken mixture and cheese.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Serve with extra tortilla chips.
Equipment needed for this recipe:
Looking for more great slow cooker recipes? Here are some of our favorites:
Slow Cooker Busy Day Stew
Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken
Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
We’ve put together 50 of our favorite family recipes to make dinnertime a breeze!
You can get this eCookbook for just $4.99 (that’s less than ten cents a recipe)!
Get it HERE!