But seriously, it was all totally worth it!
We don’t have very many vegetarian dishes on our blog, especially from me. My husband is definitely a “meat-and-potatoes” kind of guy. So, when I made these for dinner, I also whipped up a batch of this slow cooker shredded chicken and let my husband put it on his tacos with the vegetables (side note- I make that chicken all the time and freeze batches of it in the freezer. Then when I need dinner in a hurry, I pull a batch out, thaw it, and put it in tacos or enchiladas).
I have a hard time eating vegetables raw, but these vegetables are definitely addicting! They are flavorful and delicious.
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow zucchini squash, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning (or a 1 oz packet of taco seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 corn tortilla taco shells
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a 15x10x1" jelly roll pan (or big cookie sheet) with aluminum foil.
- Place all the vegetables on the foil in a single layer.
- Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and then sprinkle the taco seasoning on top.
- Give the vegetables a quick mix until they are evenly coated with the oil and seasoning (I just used my hands- I found that it was easier than anything else I tried).
- Bake the vegetables uncovered for about 20-25 minutes, stirring once about half way through.
- Spoon vegetables into taco shells and top with cheddar cheese and any other taco toppings you prefer (sour cream, salsa, guacamole, olives, lettuce, etc).
- These vegetables are also delicious in fajitas!
Our cookbook makes a wonderful gift (and it’s priced right at less than $18!) . . . you can check it out HERE.