I’m typically not a red velvet kind of girl, but thought I better make a festive dessert in honor of Valentine’s Day coming up! These were so easy and may have made a red velvet believer out of me!
- 1 (15.25 ounce) package red velvet cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cake mix, eggs and shortening until well combined.
- The dough will be pretty thick.
- Roll dough into balls, making sure they are all similar in size.
- Place dough onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Immediately transfer cookies to a cooking rack.
- Cream together cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread onto cooled cookies and sandwich together.
Don’t miss any Six Sisters’ Stuff updates! Join us on Google+ for all the latest and greatest!
Join us in our kitchens as we walk through our favorite recipes, step-by-step! Click here to watch and subscribe!