It’s the 10th of January and I am so excited to have our group of talented bloggers back for another blog hop! This month the theme is HEARTS and I just know you are going to love (no pun intended!) these projects that are sure to get your creativity flowing for Valentine’s Day… which is just around the corner! Check out my Chocolate Peanut Butter Hearts and then go see all the other fabulous projects by some of my friends!
My husband and I are on tight budgets this year, so I am going to make these for him for Valentines day. They are so cute and will make the perfect gift all wrapped up.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Hearts
- (6 oz) of peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cups of powdered sugar
- 12 oz chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
- Mix the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and powdered sugar together.
- Melt your chocolate chips in the microwave using a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 45 seconds.
- In your heart tray place enough chocolate in the heart to cover the bottom.
- Then add 1 to 2 teaspoons of your peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate.
- Cover your peanut butter with more melted chocolate until the heart is full.
- Stick in the refrigerator or freezer until hardened.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat them.
- If you have extra peanut butter filling you can roll them into 1 inch balls (not any larger).
- Stick the dough into the refrigerator until cool.
- Next dip them into the melted chocolate.
- Set the chocolate coated ball onto wax paper and cool.
- Keep in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat them.
- Makes about 12 hearts, but it really depends on the size of your mold.
You can find the heart mold HERE for a great price!
1. Landeelu sharing an Easy Valentine’s Day Wire Heart Garland
2. Little Miss Momma sharing an Easy Heart Envelope Pillow
3. Lolly Jane sharing Glitter Heart Valentine Decor
4. Or So She Says shares Origami Heart Love Notes
5. Simply Kierste sharing Heart Bunting Countdown
6. Six Sisters Stuff sharing Peanut Butter Chocolate Hearts
7. Thirty Handmade Days sharing Printable Valentine’s Day Bookmarks
8. Your Homebased Mom sharing DIY Valentine’s Sharpie Mugs
9. Capturing Joy sharing a Heart Carved Tree Stump
10. eighteen25 sharing Heart Gift Tags