I love sheet cakes- they are perfect for when you need to feed a crowd or need a yummy dessert in a very short amount of time. With our entire family (mom, dad, sisters, spouses and children), there are 20 people (soon to be 21! Elyse is due with a baby girl in June!) at our parties and gatherings, so big desserts like this are a staple! And since dessert is our favorite part of any family gathering, we need as much as possible!
(Thank goodness for Spanx so that we can suck it all in for a picture! Ha ha!)
- 1 (15-18 oz) lemon cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15.75 oz) lemon pie filling
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and the eggs- mix well until fully incorporated.
- Fold in pie filling.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean).
- Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, add cream cheese and butter and beat until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix again.
- Frost top of cake once it's cooled.
(Steph’s Wedding Day – August 2013)
Recipe slightly adapted from Taste of Home
Did you know that Six Sisters’ Stuff is on Instagram?