Last year for my New Years Resolution I made the goal to make the switch from Ground Beef to Ground Turkey. It was actually super easy! Not to mention, it is a lot less fattening for you than Ground Beef. I actually got the idea from the show “The Biggest Loser” and gave it a try. We are officially hooked!
Delicious Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey (not cooked)
- 2 eggs
- 1 bunch of chopped green onions
- ¼ cup ketchup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 can of tomato soup, 10.75 ounces
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Stir your ground turkey, eggs, onion, oatmeal, ketchup, salt and pepper, ½ can of soup, and 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce . (I use my hands to mix it really well.)
- Mold and put into bread pan.
- In a separate bowl stir the brown sugar, 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, and a ½ can of soup and pour over top of loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 90 minutes.
Our cookbook makes a wonderful gift (and it’s priced right at less than $18!) . . . you can check it out HERE.