- Posted on
- 6 Comments
I always have visions of it being such a big success- we all sit around the table, enjoying each others company, talking about our day . . . but with a 6 year old, a 4 year old, and a 1 year old, it usually ends up being quite the opposite.
Anyone else feel this way? Ha ha!
- 1 package (16 oz) bow tie pasta
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cut into bite-sized pieces( I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (10.75 each) cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 oz) bag frozen peas
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add red peppers and saute for a couple of minutes (until tender).
- Add in the soup, peas, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in cheese.
- Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
Recipe slightly adapted from Taste of Home