- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno peppers (you can take the seeds out for less spice!)
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- egg roll wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, saute green onion and bell pepper in olive oil, just until soft (this will take 3-5 minutes).
- Add the corn, black beans, spinach and peppers and cook until heated through.
- Add the chicken, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir until well blended and tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Fill egg rolls.
- Start with a corner facing you, and add about ¼ cup of filling to the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the corner facing you over the filling, tuck in the sides, and finish rolling.
- Place the rolls on a greased baking sheet.
- When finished, spray the rolls with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until they are golden brown, flipping them halfway through.
- We served them with different dipping sauces - chipotle sauce, salsa, ranch, and sour cream.
Baked Southwest Egg Rolls
Recipe adapted from: All Recipes
We just got the first copies of our second cookbook!!! It will be available for pre-order in just a few short weeks! In the meantime, our first cookbook is ON SALE! You can get it for just under $19 on Amazon!