With my last baby, it was really hard for me to lose my baby weight. I finally lost the last 14 lbs and these are some of the ways I did it.
50 Simple Tips to Help You Lose Weight
1. Get a Good Pair of Sneakers. When I have new shoes…I love to go try them out and exercise.. even if you just walk!
2. Try the fish. Fish is a very healthy option. Try cooking if for dinner or order it when you go out. (just stay away from the fried fish) Here are some delicious fish recipes:
3. Don’t go shopping when you are hungry. I will spend a lot more money and I usually will buy things that are very unhealthy for me.
4. Eat fruit! Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and snacks. The great thing about fruit is that you can eat it any time of the day!
5. Make a weekly goal of your workouts. If you write it out what you are going to do every day… you will be more likely to do it.
6. Go for the Gum. I have about 10 packs of gum around my house that I can go to instead of the junk or treats
7. Eat Avocados – the not only taste good, they have good fat in them.
8. Starving yourself is not going to get you anywhere. Going less than 1000 calories a day is dangerous and your body will go into starvation mode. You might lose weight fast… but you can’t live on under 1000 calories forever. In the end it will all come back.
9. Dink Lots and Lots of water, many times you are really thirsty, not hungry
10. Watch Your Carbs. I’m not saying that carbs are a bad thing, just make sure you choose whole wheat carbs.
11. Find a Workout Partner that will exercise with you.
12. Eat one extra veggie a day. Sometimes veggies are hard to eat… but I made the goal of just eating one more every day. They are good for you and they don’t have a lot of calories.
13. Plan your meals ahead of time…that way you are less likely to go for the take out.
14. Try nuts for a snack… they make you feel fuller, longer.
15. Skipping meals can make your body go into starvation mode. Making it harder to burn calories and lose weight
16. Instead of fried foods, try baking or broiling them
17. Pack your snacks in the morning. When things are already prepared for me, it is a lot easy to get to them… instead of the junk.
18. Try eating on a kids plate. The smaller plate will look like you have a very full plate. And you will eat a lot less calories.
19. Say NO to seconds (this sometimes is SO hard…. but you can do it!)
20. Try and get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. I like to get 8. Less sleep affects your appetite… making you more hungry.
21. Lift some weights: Strength Training helps you lose weight faster. Try to do weights 2 times a week alongside your workouts
22. Try using hummus for a dip instead of ranch or other other fattening dips- Still be sure to look at the serving sizes
23. As much as you don’t want to see it…. Weigh Yourself. You have to start somewhere. People who regularly weigh themselves stay on top of their weight.
24. Try the switch: From Soda to Water. You will be amazed at how much weight you can lose just from that!
25. Make the switch from regular milk to skim milk… you will save a lot of calories!
26. When looking for snacks… go to protein ones. They fill you up longer. My favorite is Turkey Jerky
27. Eat a good breakfast like fiber cereal or oatmeal so you won’t be so hungry.
28. Learn how to read nutrition labels… always to be sure to eat the correct serving size.
29. It is a lot easier to not eat the junk food if it isn’t in your house. 🙂 It took all the effort I had to throw mine in the garbage can.
30. Instead of eggs… try cooking up egg whites. They are delicious!
31. Go from white bread and pasta to whole wheat.
32. Say no to the mayo. Try just mustard. You will hardly tell the difference!
33. Try not to eat after 7pm. I always make unhealthy choices after that time. Plus when you eat in the day your body has time to burn some of the calories off.
34. Try switching from ground beef to lean ground turkey- Our family absolutely Loves it!
35. Make Healthy Choices when Eating out!
36. Share your weight loss goals with your friends… the more people know about it the harder you are going to try. You can also try our 8 week challenge. Many people have lost weight from doing it.
37. Try Quinoa! Yes, the name is a little weird.. but it is DELICIOUS and good for you!
38. Drink a large glass of water before meals. You won’t eat nearly as much when you feel full.
39. Get some new tunes. Getting new songs for my music device always gets me excited to exercise.
40. Join a gym. This might be intimidating… but paying to go to something makes me go. I hate wasting money so it is just one more push for me. Some gyms are only $10 a month.
41. Pay attention while you are eating… I always pack an apple or small healthy snack when I watch a movie because I can eat a lot when I am distracted by other things.
42. Stop eating before you are full. This is so much easier said than done…. Stick to your serving sizes.
43. Reward yourself. I try and eat healthy but I still need a little snack. I go crazy if I tell myself I can’t have any snack ever again. I like to reward myself with a little chocolate or something to help my sweet tooth. My favorite: Chocolate Covered Strawberries
44. Turn off the TV. If you limit yourself on TV watching time you will most likely be doing other things that will get you off your bum. – This also includes the computer or other devices.
45. Do something you enjoy! I like to run on the treadmill and watch one of my favorite shows on Netflix while I do it. It makes the time go by much faster!
46. Change up your workout. Doing the same thing over and over again.. you are only working out those muscles. Changing things up not only builds muscles but can help you lose weight faster.
47. Cut up veggies and put them in your fridge. I like to cut them up every Monday so I have them ready all week long.
48. Keep fruit in a bowl on the table. That way it is easier to reach for the fruit instead of reaching for the the junk.
49. Celebrate the little things- One pound is a big deal!
50. Start Small. Changing your lifestyle overnight is hard and it is so easy to go back to your bad ways. Just making one change at a time will make a big difference! You can do it!
51. Watch your sugar intake. You will be surprised how much sugar you really eat! I tried to eat 4 grams or less with every item I consumed.
Along with these tips, I used Rip:60 (find out more HERE) I would also run 3 to 4 miles 3 times a week.