How to Thicken and Lengthen Your Eyelashes Naturally

Have you found that your eyelashes have become thinner and shorter over time? After three kids, and a lot of stress.... they are just a lot thinner than they used to be.

I have been seeing a lot of creams and other things to use to make your eyelashes grow longer and make them thicker... I just didn't want to put the money into an experiment.

Then I came across this little post and decided to give it a try (Eyelash Thickening Serum) It sounded easy enough!

Eyelashes go through a constant cycle of loss and regrowth. It's hard to treat them like we should because we're always smothering them with mascara. (Well... at least I do)

There's a simple and natural way to be kind to your lashes and it requires only 3 ingredients! Fractionated Coconut Oil and PURE Lemon and Lavender Essential Oils.

Fractionated Coconut Oil has a natural pulling action that draws out impurities and enters the eyelash follicles to stimulate regrowth. It also absorbs into the skin making it ideal for topical therapies! It's feather-lite emollient effect provides a soothing barrier without clogging pores and is excellent for both dry or troubled skin. It isn't greasy and it won't stain or go rancid. It's just perfect for nourishing and moisturizing eyelash follicles!

Adding 1 drop of Lemon can enhance the oil's cleansing and stimulating properties.

Adding 1 drop of Lavender nourishes your lashes and follicles.

Add the Essential Oils in a 10ml roller  bottle and top it off with Fractionated Coconut Oil, shake, and you're done

How to Apply:

Gently coat your lashes with the serum after washing face (make sure all make up is removed)

Blending and storing your eyelash serum in a 10ml roller bottle will give the Lemon and Lavender good dilution and ease of application!

You can find the blue glass roller bottles {Here}. The 10ml size works perfect!

Ready for my results?

You can't really tell much of a difference from these photos... but I can definitely tell a difference!

Don't forget! You can get 10% off your whole purchase if you use the code: 6sisters

Looking for other oil posts? Check out our
25 Easy Ways to Use Essential Oils

1. DEB HIGGINS says:

Hello…Is it possible to find out how long it took to get the improvements in your eye lashes as seen in the pics?

• Kris says:

Hi!
      I did it for a week. My lashes didn’t get too much longer but they got thicker. :) I’m going to keep at it for a month to see what happens!

2. Katherine says:

I can see a difference! Very cool! I want to try that…my lashes are not as thick or luxurious as they were when I was in high school and college.

3. Ann says:

Wow, that looks amazing and would love to try it but so tired of spending money on non working stuff. Can you please advise what size bottle of the oils that you purchased? I’m looking at the 5ml to start off with which is cheaper but not sure if that will be enough.

Thanks,
    Ann

• Kris says:

Hi Ann!
      That is all I have is the 5ml bottle. Each bottle holds 85 drops. All you need is the small one of lemon and lavendar. :)

4. robin ellis says:

is this something that you are selling, the mix of the 3 ingredients and the roller bottle, I would like to purchase. your results are great

• Kris says:

Hi Robin!
      I wish they sold it all together but you have to buy each individual item. Click on the highlighted items and it will lead you to where you need to go! Also don’t forget the code “6sisters” for 10 percent off your entire order.

5. Angie says:

Some of the links in the post are incorrect. I almost bought lime oil instead of lavendar!
    Hope this works as well for me as it did for you. :)

6. Alice says:

Kristen – you can definitely see the difference in your lashes! They look great! I will definitely be trying this. Thanks so much for the info!

7. Kiirsten says:

Fabulous post! (However, just a heads up… both lavender links I clicked on took me to the page to buy lime oil instead.) I love your posts, thanks for the fun info!!

8. Diana says:

I’m making this tonight … I can see a difference and a week is really not much time. Can’t imagine how they will look after a month a treatment … Thanks for reminding me of this Magic Wand for your eyelashes ;)

9. Rita says:

I’m not sure on how many drops of lemon and lavender to a 10ml bottle….it can’t be just ONE drop of each and then top off with the FCO, could it???? Please advise….Im just an idiot!!!

• Kris says:

Nope… you are right (I had to read it a few times myself before I tried it) 1 drop of lemon, 1 drop of lavender, and the rest with the FCO. You don’t want the lemon and lavender strong… if you did… it would hurt like a bugger if you got some in your eyes. :)

10. Kay says:

Could you please clarify if you have used only ONE drop of the lavender and the lemon to that 10ml bottle???? Seems strange there would only be one drop of each, but that is what is says! Thanks, excited to try it!

• Kris says:

11. Holly says:

Just put castor oil on the base of your lashes. It’s super cheap and it really works. You notice a difference after a few days. I even had to stop putting it on every day because my lashes got too thick. You can get castor oil at Walmart or Shirlyn’s.

12. Ccarr says:

This may sound crazy but, I was thinking that this may work for my SEVERELY over plucked eyebrows (if I apply it very carefully) my eyebrows refuse to grow?!?!? Please advise :-)

• kate says:

yup! I haven’t tried this particular treatment yet but if it does what it’s supposed to do then it will definitely will make them thicker:) Also, don’t waste money on a roller ball, just clean out and fill an old mascara tube and use that.

13. Vickie Langhals says:

Ordered the oils and so excited to give this natural was a try. So tired of paying for other eye lash enhancers that are expense and have caused my skin to turn red. How long does the oils last in the blue bottles? Thank you for posting this natural way of helping our lashes. I will let you know my results. Xoxoxoxo

14. kate says:

Don’t buy a roller ball bottle! Just clean out an old/empty mascara tube and fill it with the treatment. Then just apply it like you would mascara.

15. Kathy says:

Wow! Okay, I’ve been doing this after reading this, but even taking time off and being irregular about applications, I can see a huge difference in my lash length! I don’t think mine have gotten thicker yet, but the length is amazing! I have been trying on my brows, but haven’t noticed a difference there. I’m definitely recommending this for lashes though!

16. Carla says:

I clicked on the link for the roller bottle and it specifically says:

“Caution: Some essential oils may interact with the Roller Fitment causing an increased flow of oil or the roller ball to fall out. Avoid using with citrus and frankincense essential oils (singles or blends). Before each use please test the roller ball to make sure it is securely in place. Please exercise caution with each use and avoid using product around the eye area.”

Have you had any problems with the roller bottle?

17. Jayme says:

The picture is a it misleading, as you’re obviously wearing mascara in the final after photo. You can clearly see the small clumps of mascara on your lashes whereas there aren’t any in the two previous pictures.

18. Monette says:

I would use castor oil, it draws things out also and helps the lashes, I would NEVER use coconut on my face, Especially the eye area that is far more fragile skin…..as great as it is all over the rest of our body with all its terrific properties, its TOO heavy to put on your face, over time coconut oil will drag your skin down…It’s one of the first things I learned in the yr long course I took on making natural and therapeutic products.. :-)