Crock Pot Sweet Potato Mash

sweet potato mash

It is close to Fall Time and that means.... SWEET POTATOES!!!!  I honestly can't get enough of them!  had them 3 times last week and this one of the ways we had them: Crock Pot Sweet Potato Mash with Pecans! It tasted amazing and my husband sure was thrilled to find them in his lunch for the next day.

Crock Pot Sweet Potato Mash

Ingredients

2 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 cup 100% apple juice
1 Tablespoon of ground cinnamon
1 Tablespoon of Sugar
1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
Pecans (optional)

Place your cut sweet potatoes in a slow cooker. Add 1/2 cup of the apple juice  and your spices. Cook on low 4-5 hours, until potatoes are tender.  When potatoes are cooked through, blend the sweet potatoes inside your slow cooker with a hand mixer. Add the second 1/2 cup of juice slowly, and beat them again. Season with more cinnamon and nutmeg to taste. Top with pecans and enjoy!

1. Krystina says:

Oh goodness… You had me at Crock Pot and sealed the deal w/ sweet potato mash!! Delish! Pinning it immediately. AND! I just started playing around with My Recipe Magic a few days ago and I’ve gotta say I love it. As someone who just went through a bunch of weight loss and is now trying to maintain, it’s important that I attempt to eat and cook more than just salads and grilled chicken and having the nutritional information so readily accessible is awesome!! Cannot wait to keep messing with it!
    *Krystina
    Seatofmyshorts.com

2. Heather says:

Many times I scroll through a recipe and I think, oh no, not for me, or don’t have that or this, looks too hard. I caught myself saying aloud, I can make that! Tank you.

3. Jen @ Layersofhappiness.com says:

Happy Tuesday…..I LOVE sweet potatoes but have never cooked them in the crock pot. I struggle with having them during the week because they take so long to cook……….but now that I have this recipe and idea I will be able to! Thanks for sharing.

4. Kathleen W says:

What do you suggest serving as a main dish with this? I have never made sweet potatoes (besides fries) other than a holiday! Lame, but I like mine to taste like dessert and I try not to make them everyday!

• Breeze H says:

Pork chops!
      Also, I’d add salt & pepper… Well, salt for sure and possibly would do a version without sugar but add pepper… Savory instead of sweet. Also, brown sugar if the sweet version like this recipe is.

• Cyd says:

Just click on the MAGIC button under the picture and then click on NUTRITION. It will give you the servings and all of the nutritional information you will need on this recipe. This is our new sister site – MyRecipeMagic.com. Great place to search for recipes too! Hope you’ll stop by and check it out!

• Cyd says:

If you triple the recipe, you will need more than one crock pot. The cooking time would be increased by a little with more in the crock pot. But tripling the recipe will probably not fit well or cook well if put in one crock pot.