Fast Meal, Main Dish, Pork, Slow Cooker, Uncategorized

Slow Cooker Sweet Glazed Pork Chops Recipe

slow cooker sweet glazed pork chops

slow cooker sweet glazed pork chops

Want to know a little secret?

We are working on our second cookbook!!!
We have had so much fun and so much success with our first one that we decided to go ahead and publish a second.

We are so excited about it- it’s going to be awesome!
However, all this work on new recipes and photography is making it really hard to make different recipes for the blog. I have been pulling out my easiest recipes to get me through this crazy time!

Elyse’s Sweet and Tangy Meatballs recipe was one of the first recipes on our blog and my family LOVES it. I was planning on making it for dinner the other day when I realized that I had forgotten to purchase meatballs.

There was no way that I had time to make my own, so I started rummaging through the freezer and came across some pork chops.
I threw the pork chops in the slow cooker (frozen!), dumped the ingredients on top and . . .
it was a huge success!

The picture might make you think otherwise, but I promise you-

these chops are good!

(PS Book number 2 will be out in spring 2014 . . . in the meantime, be sure to check out our first book, which is even on sale!)

Slow Cooker Sweet Glazed Pork Chops
Ingredients:

4-6 boneless pork chops (mine were pretty thick)
1 (12 oz) bottle chili sauce
1 cup grape jelly

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place pork chops at the bottom. In a bowl, mix together the chili sauce and the jelly; pour on top of pork chops. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours (do 8 hours if your pork chops are frozen) or HIGH for 3-4 hours (I prefer the low and slow method for these).

If you are looking for more simple recipes like this one, be sure to check out our 5 Ingredient (or less!) eCookbook
for sale in our store. Only $2.47!

Camille Sig

Follow-Us-On-Instagram-5-700x700

Comments

1. Nikki P says

Darn I wish I’d looked at the comments before my shopping trip this morning. I got hot chili sauce from the Asian food area of the store! Well… Should I try it or should I go back to get the other kind?

• Cyd says

We aren’t sure what the hot chili sauce from the Asian food area tastes like in comparison to regular chili sauce found by the ketchup. The chili sauce by the ketchup is basically ketchup with a kick to it!

2. Billie says

I made this the other day. I put the pork chops in frozen on low and left for the day and they ended up drying out :( if I make it again I wont have it on as long.

• Mary says

Mine came out dry too, but my kids loved the flavor. I’m just going to watch closely this time! I have learned that newer slowcookers (like mine) cook faster and hotter than older ones. Also mine is quite large, and I have found that smaller recipes cook too hot in it.

3. Laura says

Sometimes our tooth fairy has a sense of humor. She likes to hide the money. In very strange, hard to find places. Sometimes I need to help them “find” the money. So when one of the kiddos tells me their tooth was forgotten, I tell them I’ll help them find it in a few minutes. Around here, the going rate is a dollar. If I remember, I ask the bank for a silver dollar. If they don’t have any, or if I need a few minutes before I “help” my kiddos find the money, they get dollar origami. We even have a book about it. But I’m sure there are plenty of dollar origami ideas online.

4. Maria says

Hi.. Just want to make sure.. I’m quite a newbie in this cooking world.. So i must warn you that this next question might sound dumb as it is.. :)
    Do i need to add water in all of the recipe using the slow cooker?
    Imagining that it’ll take a long time cooking..

Thank you for the enlightenment.. :)

• Cyd says

Hi Maria, with Six Sisters slow cooker recipes we will be sure to include something like water in the directions. So don’t add it unless directed. Hope this helps. Meat has a lot of it’s own liquid and the ingredients you add with the recipe will create some moisture as well.

5. Grace Blackwell says

I wish the instructions had said what kind of chili sauce! I went to the store last night and got a can saying chili sauce without beans.

6. Derek says

Hi, I’m in South Africa and our food terminology is mainly British. I presume that what you refer to as “grape jelly” is what we would call grape jam

7. Kali says

I made this last night for dinner and I highly recommend this recipe if you have not already tried it! Before making this delicious meal I read some of the comments and some mentioned about how their pork chops came out dry….I had bought boneless ones that weren’t too thick so I kept mine in the slow cooker for prob about 5.50 hours and just kept checking periodically with a fork to make sure it wasn’t drying out. Who knew grape jelly and a bottle of chili sauce would taste so good…so easy but yet so so good! :-)

8. linsey says

Can you really taste the jelly, im asking because i dont like jelly really, or does it just give a sweet flavor?