Crock Pot Orange Chicken

crock pot orange chicken

I have been searching like crazy for a delicious orange chicken recipe. After many tries, and many fails, I have FINALLY found an orange chicken recipe that will knock your socks off! The best part is that it is cooked in your crock pot!

Ingredients:

4 or 5 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

1 cup Orange Marmalade

1 cup of BBQ Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s)

3 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce

Place your chicken in the crock pot.

Mix the marmalade, BBQ sauce, and soy sauce together.

Pour over the chicken and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 4 to 5 hours

When it is done cooking, shred the chicken.

Serve over cooked rice.

(I added some red pepper flakes the on the adult plates for a hot kick)

Adapted from Frugal Girls

Looking for other delicious Slow Cooker Meals?
These are some of my Favorites!

Sweet BBQ Chicken
Slow Cooker Swiss Chicken
Slow Cooker Mexican Haystacks

krissignature-001_2_2[1][1][1]

Are you on Pinterest?
We would love to have you follow along for all of our recipes, crafts, projects, and other fun finds!
Click HERE to follow!
sisters on pinterest

1. donna gr says:

This looks good. I’m trying to figure out the magic recipe part. I want to know the nutritional info on orange chicken. When I did a search it took me to 471 chicken recipes. How can I find ?

• Cyd says:

Just click on the MAGIC button under the picture and then click on NUTRITION and it will give you all the nutritional value and servings, and weight watcher points. The magic button was just updated and may not work on this recipe until Tuesday. Just keep trying. Thanks so much for checking out our new sister site – MyRecipeMagic.com.

2. Elizabeth says:

Will definitely be trying – looks so good and EASY! Question – did you use frozen or thawed chicken breasts? Thanks!

3. amy stephens says:

Hi! this looks awesome! LOVE crock pot recipes. I am wondering if it would be alright if I shared this (including your picture) on my fb page if I linked my fans to your blog??? thanks!
    Amy

4. Donna says:

I am hesitant to try this because every time I put chicken breasts in my crock pot for that amount of time it dries out horribly. I find that it’s usually done after 2 hours on low! However, I’d love for you to try this version of orange chicken that I came up with. I combined the old crock pot orange chicken recipe that was floating around pinterest for a while (and I believe it’s also on your blog) with the baked sweet and sour chicken – except I use frozen popcorn chicken because when I flour chunks of chicken breasts, it just doesn’t come out the same. http://mcgonigal-myfavoriterecipes.blogspot.com/2013/06/orange-chicken.html

5. Dana Paliotta says:

hmmm, this looks really yummo! i wonder, how many chicken tenders might make up one breast…i find i like using the tenders because they’re, well, tenderer!

anybody?

• Cyd says:

3 or 4 chicken tenders would equal a nice sized chicken breast. Hope this helps!
      Cyd (Mom of the Six Sisters)

6. SH says:

I just made this for my husband, 7 year old, and 4 year old last night and they loved it! i didnt have any soy sauce so I substituted A1 sauce and it worked great! Everyone at work today is commenting on how good my leftovers smell. Love this one and will definitely be making it again. Quick, easy, and GOOD!!

• Tory says:

I’m cooking this today also, but mine has a bunch if white blobs in it. Like maybe chicken grease or something. Did anyone else have this problem? Maybe it’s my chicken.

7. Amanda says:

This looks delish! but…. i work full time and need to know who long this takes in the crockpot and high or low. That info would be awesome! thanks

8. Stephanie S says:

Orange chicken is a huge hit in our house, especially for me if its I the crock pot. I’m curious what kind of orange marmalade do you use. We tried some before that was not good at all.

9. kate says:

Disappointing ! I used the Sweet Baby Ray’s sauce and a name brand orange marmalade. The sauce tasted good before going into the crock pot and we were really looking forward to this meal. It tasted ho-hum. The sauce got very thin in the cooking time and had a faint orange taste and that was about it.

10. kate says:

Disappointing ! I used Sweet Baby Ray’s and a name brand orange marmalade. The sauce tasted good before going into the crock pot and we were really looking forward to this meal. The sauce got very thin in the cooking process , a faint orange taste and that was about it.

• Kathleen says:

Awful. I made the recipe according to the recipe and it was so sweet I thought I might get sick. I can’t get the taste out of my mouth.

11. Cynthia says:

I made this for dinner today. My sauce was thin after cooking, so I thickened it up with some cornstarch. As for the flavor, it was pretty gross. It tasted just like you’d expect orange marmalade and barbecue sauce to taste: like oranges mixed with barbecue sauce. It was not a good combination. I guess I’m going back to searching for an orange chicken recipe.

• Wendy says:

Unfortunately this was my experience as well. The chicken came out great- moist, but the flavor was not good… My kids usually love my cooking. They wouldn’t eat it. My 12 year old was so afraid of hurting my feelings he just said he wasn’t hungry. I didn’t buy it and when I pressed him he got teary- eyed and said it smelled and tasted bad. For me, it was just too sweet, but not in a good way.

12. quin says:

We were out of rice, so I made this today and served it as a sandwich. Definitely going to save this as a slider recipe for entertaining! Yummy and easy to make! I used store brand marmalade and Sweet Baby Rays. I tried to make a southwestern meal out of this, so we served it with cheddar cheese on a toasted bun, with onion rings on the side.

13. Carly says:

Delicious! I used the frugal girls cooking instructions. Sauce is thicker that way! It was very good! I will definitely make it again!

14. Lisa says:

I made this today and neither of us thought it was anything special. It was edible, but the chicken was actually a little dry, sauce was thin, flavor was nothing to write home about.

15. Corina says:

Nice quick recipe. I didn’t have marmalade so I used peach preserves. I increased the soy sauce, because I don’t like it too sweet and added sriracha to give it more spice. I made my own BBQ sauce easily, so I could have more control over the sugar content. I thought it turned out great. I served it over broken jasmine rice which is my current fav.

Cooking time was faster than originally written, but this may be because I used thawed chicken.

16. Jennie says:

I was hesitant to try this, given the 2 star rating, but was pleasantly surprised it came out nicely. I think I might pump up the orange marmalade and soy sauce a bit, as it was definitely more bbq-tasting than anything else. Still, my 3 yr old and 18 month old gobbled it up, which is a hit in my book :)

• Cyd says:

You could totally cut it into chunks rather than shredding. Honey sounds delicious to us! :) Let us know how it all turns out! We may have to alter our recipe.

17. LeeAnn says:

Definitely a hit with my teenage son. The sauce was a little thin, but that is what cornstarch is for. Will definitely be keeping this recipe to make again!

18. Megan says:

Made this last night! Cut the recipe in half for just two of us & it was phenomenal! I’ve been looking for a quick & easy orange chicken recipe with no luck, but this was absolutely delicious! I love your blogs & recipes! Will definitely make this again! Thank you!!

19. Taylor says:

Made this last night and it was good! It was a little too orangy for me but my fiancé loved it! I shredded the chicken and we made sandwiches out of if! Super easy and good!

20. Amy says:

Gonna make this for a Crockpot Freezer Meal Party my friend is hosting! I was glad to find something unique and tasty that I could buy in bulk without so many ingredients. Thanks!