Cheeseburger Wraps

cheeseburger wraps

I absolutely love grilled food.
Shortly after we got married, one of our first purchases was a grill. And . . . even after nine years of marriage, I still don’t know how to use the grill without my husband standing right by my side. I am afraid that I will singe my arm hair off . . . it’s a fear I need to get over! :)
My husband works late a couple nights a week, so if I am craving grilled food and he’s not around, I am out of luck.

The other night I wanted a a yummy hamburger, but my husband wasn’t home to fire up the grill. I started looking online for alternative and came across these wraps . . . they were amazing!!! They were delicious and my kids devoured them. My husband threw some bacon in there and swore it was even better.

So even without a grill, you can still have your cheeseburgers. :)

Cheeseburger Wraps
Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon mustard
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
5 flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
additional hamburger toppings you like (tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, ketchup, mustard, etc)

In a large skillet, brown hamburger until no longer pink. Add ketchup, mustard, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper and cook for about 2 minutes, until all combined.
Take a tortilla and line the middle with a small amount of cheddar cheese. Add some cooked hamburger beef and then top with your favorite hamburger toppings. Roll the tortilla up and tuck in the ends (like a burrito). You can either eat as is or throw on a grill (or even an indoor grill- like a George Foreman grill) for 3-5 minutes (just until you see grill marks).
These go perfectly with our Baked Tater Wedges and Fry Sauce!

Recipe slightly adapted from Skinny Mom’s Kitchen

Looking for more wraps?
Chicken Caesar Wraps
Turkey Bacon Wraps
Asian Chicken Wraps
Lil’ Smokie Wraps

Camille Sig

Did you know that My Recipe Magic (our new site) now REWARDS you for using it?
Earn points by uploading a recipe, commenting on other recipes, creating a shopping list or cookbook, and so many other ways! Then redeem your points for gift cards and giveaways.
Join us today at
MyRecipeMagic.com!

Like It? Share it!

If you enjoyed this post please consider sharing it with a friend

Family recipes, fun ideas, home projects & so much more!

Sign up for our free email newsletter and never miss another great recipe or tutorial.

38 Comments

1. Lin Knappett says

This recipe looks yummy but please do NOT learn how to grill. Trust me on this one. Husbands NEED something that only they can do that involves cooking. I’m serious. Totally serious.

• Kristen says

That is the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard/read all day … maybe all month. There is NO reason that a woman can’t or should not know the basics of how to work things like a grill (or a lawnmower, power tools, etc.) My husband does not “need something that only [he] can do” related to cooking. What absolute hogwash!

To Camille, there is nothing to be afraid of; if you have managed to keep your arm hair cooking on a stove, with a broiler, etc., you will very likely keep it when you are grilling. :-) Hope you can find the confidence to give it a go on your own; I can’t imagine limiting myself to grilling only when my husband is home!

• monica says

Lin…I TOTALLY get what you are saying! I COOK(no processed crap) breakfast EVERY morning for my daughter and I pack her lunch. I also cook dinner at least 6 nights of the week. Cooking is my thing so it doesn’t bother me to cook so much at all. I work full time so after I get off work, go to the gym, rush home and have dinner within a reasonable time so I can help my daughter with her school work and spend a little time with her……I LOVE IT when my husband cooks on the grill and the only thing I have to do is prepare sides. If I learned how to grill I guarantee my husband would probably say my food taste better and no more relaxing while he cooks. So I’ll say learn how to grill but keep letting your husband do it!

2. Amanda Kuzak says

I’m glad I’m not the only one who is afraid of the grill! I figure that it is the only time my husband wants to cook so I’ll let it be his thing! This recipe looks great!

3. Real Mommy says

These look so yummy, and I love that they will be so much lighter without a big bulky bun! Thanks so much for sharing, my hubby will definitely love these:)

Real-Mommy.com

4. DianeM says

I made these for dinner and they were soooo yummy and filling :) The only thing I didn’t have on hand was pickle slices and next time I’ll make sure I do as those would’ve been the “frosting on the cake” …I used French’s yellow mustard and Velveeta shredded cheese and got a real authentic “fast food” burger flavor :)

5. KC @ The Real Thing with the Coake Family says

Yum! This looks like something my family would really enjoy for dinner.
    Thanks for the recipe as well as linking this up at my link party.
    KC

6. Amy says

I made these tonight for me and my husband and they were so good!
    Although, instead of adding a bit of cheese to the tortilla, I just mixed it in with the hamburger. Very gooooooey. :)

I’m looking forward to making it for my kids – all 5 of them…even the picky one!

Thank you for sharing!

7. Carol says

I am rather short and lifting the lid on the grill has always been a challenge, so when I saw the description, I knew this was right up my alley. These were quick and fun. My husband and daughter both loved them.

8. Heidi says

I made these tonight and they were a hit! I did not feel like getting the grill going so I actually used my quesdilla maker and they turned out fantastic. They were quick and easy to make and I had all the ingredients on hand.

9. Kelly says

I am completely comfortable on a grill but with the weather turning chilly it’s always nice to have an indoor alternative. Made them tonight using my panini pan and they were wonderful!!