There are a few things I could not live without in this life, and cheesecake is definitely one of those things! I love it. Seriously – they had to talk me out of serving cheesecake at my wedding luncheon and at the reception, too. I am still wishing they agree to let us have it at both…
This recipe combines the best of both worlds! The cute Erika over at the Teenage Taste created this amazing combo! And like peanut butter and chocolate, cheesecake and cake batter were meant to be together. The trickiest part was not eating the whole pan (even though I really wanted to!)…I have to fit in that wedding dress!
Cake Batter Cheesecake Bars:
1 ¾ cups vanilla wafer crumbs
6 tablespoons butter, melted
16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
¾ cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
½ cup yellow cake mix
2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
½ cup + 2 tablespoons milk
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan, then line with parchment paper; set aside.
- Stir together cookie crumbs, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, and the melted butter. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake until the crust is just brown around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining granulated sugar and beat for an additional couple of minutes, until smooth. Add the eggs and yolk, milk, vanilla, salt and beat again until completely combined and smooth. Finally, stir in the cake mix and sprinkles until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the crust. Set the pan in a larger pan (a 9×13-inch works for this), and add enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the baking pan. Bake until just set, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove the baking pan from the water bath, and transfer to a wire rack. Let cool for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Cut into bars. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe from: The Teenage Taste
It’s finally here!