30 Delicious Tin Foil Dinners

Tin foil dinner

When my Dad was little, he loved playing sports, going camping and doing "outdoor" stuff with his brother. I think he would have laughed right out loud if he knew he was going to have 6 girls later on in life. He taught us many things like how to kick a ball and how to swing a bat left handed.  He also taught us how to cook tin foil dinners over the fire. This was one of my most favorite things to do with my family.  My little family has continued that tradition. We love going camping or to a fire pit just to cook food over the fire. We are planning to go soon and I am excited to try some of these delicious Tin Foil Dinners.

Beef and Potato Dinner

Foil Apple Crisp

Santa Fe Chicken

Grilled Cheddar Burgers and Veggies Packs

Grilled Cheddar Burgers

Grilled Ham and Cheese Pull-Apart Sandwich Loaf

Grilled Ham and Cheese Pull-Apart

Monkey bread camping recipes for kids

Campfire Monkey Bread

Low Fat Beef Stew

Foil packet chicken deliciousness

Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli

Beef, Soup and Potatoes

Salmon and Asparagus

foil packet peaches for the grill

Cooked Peaches

DSC_9291-002

Steak and Veggies

Add chili and lemon

Baked Lemon Salmon

Campfire Orange Cinnamon Rolls

Mini Meatballs

krissignature-001_2_2[1][1][1]

Are you on Pinterest?
We would love to have you follow along for all of our recipes, crafts, projects, and other fun finds!
Click HERE to follow!
sisters on pinterest

1. Melanie @carmelmoments.com says:

Thanks. Always looking for new ways to use the grill. Although campfire potatoes with onions are probably my favorite.

2. Shannon says:

Thank you for this post! I’ve been looking for easy things to make over a campfire, these sounds great!

3. Heather of Kitchen Concoctions says:

We love to camp and go several times a year! I am always looking for new recipes to try on our trips, so I am totally loving this round up!

4. Heather of Kitchen Concoctions says:

We love to camp and go several times a year! I am always looking for new recipes to try, so I am loving this list!

5. Leah says:

What a nice collection of recipes for cooking in foil! With all due respect: When was the last time you were able to buy Tin Foil? Most boxes correctly say Aluminum Foil! Tin and aluminum are two different elements on the chemical periodic scale and tin has a much lower melting point than aluminum. Some have observed that the title might be an editor’s a careless mistake, in using a regional dialect term.

• Tim says:

I think everyone who reads this knows that aluminum foil is what was being referenced. With all due respect: When was the last time you didn’t feel the need to state the obvious just to feel intelligent? Everyone who has read your post is dumber for it, I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

• Melissa P. says:

Wow….just wow. I may have just found this post and am a bit late to the comment party…..but what an utterly sanctimonious, overbearing, know-it-all, and wenchy comment. I found this post by searching for “tin foil dinners”, and I am fully aware its made from aluminum. However, since childhood I’ve heard it referred as such, and most people I know refer to it as such or know what you are talking about. It isn’t a “careless mistake”, nor is it a “regional dialect term”. It is an idoim that persists in our everyday jargon, much like calling all facial tissues “kleenex”, or “q-tips” for cotton swabs. Seriously, get over it…and yourself.

And these recipes are great, BTW, and will come in handy this summer for our GS camp!

6. Christal Bevans says:

These are awesome recipes!! We love to boat and camp all summer so excited to try something new!!! and I am SO excited I get to listen to you girls speak at our seminar in Salt lake next thursday at ARI womens luncheon super excited!!

7. Shannon@Hoybycrafts says:

I can’t wait to try these yummy-looking meals! Thanks so much for the great ideas (as usual)! Stopping by from Hoyby Crafts.

8. Ashley says:

I liked the post, but I really hate the video advertisements over each picture. Really annoying, won’t be coming back to your site.

• Melanie says:

Keep your rude comments to yourself please, some people may think the same way but are at least keeping it to themselves because they know that no one else is going to want to read their complaints.