Queso Blanco Dip (White Cheese Dip)

queso blanco dipI am one of those people who loves to go out to eat and pig out on appetizers.
I am notorious for downing a whole bowl of chips and salsa before my entree even arrives . . . and by the time it finally does come, I am so full of chips and salsa that I have to get my food sent home with me in a to-go box.
My husband has learned to just not let me order an appetizer so that I will eat the rest of my food (it makes me sound like I am a little kid with no control . . . ha ha!), but every once in a while we make an exception . . . and cheesy dips are definitely one of those exceptions!
We have a couple of cheesy dips on our blog, but I think that this one tops them all. It's gooey and thick with just the right amount of heat; plus it's ready in about 5 minutes!
If you have a potluck or party coming up, I highly suggest bringing this as your dish . . . you will quickly be the most popular one there!! :)

Queso Blanco Dip (White Cheese Dip)
Ingredients:
1.25 lb block White American Cheese*, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilis
2 jalapenos, chopped
2/3 cup half and half (fat free is fine)
1/2 cup cold water

Toss all ingredients into a microwavable-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stopping to stir after every minute. It might appear runny at first, but it will thicken up as it starts to cool down.
Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Serves 10.

*I found this over at the deli counter at my local grocery store.
Recipe slightly adapted from Seeded At The Table.

Love dips as much as I do? Here are some of my favorites:
dip 3

Skinny Taco Dip

dip 2

Vegetable Dill Dip

dip1

Chili's Skillet Queso

Camille Sig

Thank you for helping to make our first book an Amazon #1 Best Seller!!
You can check our book out HERE.

Sixsistersstuffnew5097495_detail

• Cyd says:

I think it would work great to keep warm. My crock pot has a warm setting that is a lower temp than the “LOW” setting.

1. Jenn@The Boiled Noodle says:

I too, am a dip addict. Or,more honestly, an appetizer addict. thank you forgiving me one more to try!! :)

2. Theri says:

Saute 1 to 2 really thin onion slices in 2 to 3 tbl. of real butter. Add to cheese mixture. You won’t be disappointed.

• Cyd says:

The heat in this recipe will come from the jalapenos. So if you don’t like it too hot you may want to add only one.

3. rachel says:

This dip never comes out right for me :( (( IT is really chunky and oily and not creamy at all. It also is always separated.
    Any ideas??

• elvi says:

Racheal you need to make sure you are using a very high quality cheese not a processed cheese that contains oil. Do not see how an all dairy recipe could come out oily but it could if the cheese was something that contained oil.

4. Sarah says:

Loved this! Brought it to a party and it was so rich and creamy! Could have been more spicy IMO but I did take out the jalapeño’s seeds so maybe next time I’ll leave them in. Used Boar’s Head cheese. Mmmmmm

5. wendy says:

Made this last night for the first time, we love our mexican restaurant cheese dip. I was so hoping this would turn out just like it. It did not turn out like theres at all. I think it was 10 times better. Perfect for dipping lovely amount of heat consistency was great not to runny not to think Thanks for posting this we are big mexican food eaters so this will come in handy, yummmmy

6. Michele says:

This is ridiculously delicious. I couldn’t stop myself from raving on and on as I was drowning Scoops in this dip! I used Cooper cheese as suggested by another reviewer and I thank her for that suggestion. :) I’m making this for our Super Bowl party and I will use a few more seeds from the jalapenos as we like it best when it has some real kick. Thanks for a wonderful, rich and creamy dip recipe.

7. Diana says:

As I live in Australia – what would be the equivalent to American white cheese? Thank you as I would love to try this recipe.

• Cyd says:

Half and half is a creamy rich milk. It is half milk and half cream. You find it in the milk/dairy section of the store.