Banana Crumb Muffins

banana crumb muffins

Happy Father's Day!Today I want to publicly thank my sweet husband, Jared, for being such a wonderful father.
jarebearI was madly in love with him when we first met, but that love has only multiplied as I have watched him transform into an amazing father.
David O. McKay once said, "The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother", and Jared is the perfect example of that everyday. He treats me like a queen and loves his kids unconditionally. I am so grateful for his constant support and love . . . I couldn't make it through this crazy life without him!

Agh . . . now my keyboard is covered in tears . . . enough with the mushiness!
Because I am not a huge breakfast person (I just love a bowl of cold cereal!), I took the easy route this year and made these muffins for breakfast. The crumb topping is seriously divine! So, mash some bananas and whip these up for a special person in your life. They will love you forever. :)

Banana Crumb Muffins
1/3 cup butter, melted

Crumb topping:

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup packed brown sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place 15 muffin liners in muffin cups.
In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

Recipe source: AllRecipes

Looking for more muffin recipes?
Sweet Cornbread Cake Muffins
Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
Orange Glazed Muffins
Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffins

Camille Sig

1. Lauren T. says:

This recipe came at a perfect time! I had ripe bananas and needed to make something with them. Made these tonight and it was SO yummy!! Could not stop eating them!

2. Judy T. says:

I think you may need to move that brown sugar down under the crumb topping ingredient list. They do look good and will have to try them.

3. Dana says:

These look great! If I could only have one type of muffin for the rest of my life, banana it would be! Love the new look!

4. Caroline says:

You should move the brown sugar down under the topping. I just added into the batter, guess we’ll see how they turn out!

5. Terry V says:

Totally agree with Lauren T — it’s REALLY hard to eat just ONE!! They have wonderful flavor and very easy to make! Thank you for sharing the recipe! This is now a FAVORITE!! 8)

6. Becky says:

These are wonderful, but I live in CO and the first batch came out a little flat. I made a second batch with 1/2 cup extra flour and about 1/4 milk and they turned out much better.

7. Leah says:

I made these and added a few things: a splash of vanilla and 1 cup of chopped pecans to the batter, the rest of the stick of butter (rather than 1 tablespoon) and about 1/4 cup of chopped pecans to the crumb. It was wonderful :]

8. Thomas Perez says:

You have a wonderful family Camille. Your husband is a very good guy. I know that he will do anything to support what you want so better not stop doing what your really want because you got the full support of your family and frends.

9. Natalie Martin says:

My twin and i just finished making this recipe! it was so easy. They smell delicious and rose very high and fluffy. We are only thirteen and this recipe was almost impossible to screw up. I highly recommend this recipe. Thank so much!!

10. Sarah Gerbrandt says:

I just finished making these muffins and once I pulled them out of the oven and went to make a second batch I noticed that I had forgotten to put in the required one egg. Distracted by my 6 month old I guess! Regardless they turned out great! Still moist and fluffy. Thanks!

11. Nicole M says:

Made these this morning and they were absolutely delicious!!!
    This will be my go-to recipe when I have over ripe bananas!

12. Natasha says:

these are hands down the best muffins I have EVER made, my husband will not stop eating them and either will my daughter… they are perfect in every way! I however wanted to cut down on the amount of sugar so I replaced 1/2 a cup of natural applesauce and only did 1/4 cup sugar in the actual muffins, they were so moist!

13. Jennifer says:

For the first time trying this recipe, they were super easy to prep and had all the ingredients on hand! They are now in the oven and my house smells amazing! Cannot wait to try them, thank you for sharing!

14. Nancy says:

Just finished making these wonderful muffins. I added chopped walnuts to the recipe and just made these! I give these 10 stars rating, if there was one. I added what was left of butter from 1 stick, but think that may have been a little much. Next time will only use what recipe calls for. Thanks for this delicious recipe!

15. Kimberly Miller says:

OMG! The BEST banana bread in the world!! Family ate it all up. I didn’t have muffin liners, so I baked it in a loaf pan. 350 for 45m.

16. Gina S says:

Oh my word…these muffins are unbelievable! I was looking for a good muffin but what I found was an excellent one! They were perfectly sweet with a nice crunchy topping. I would highly recommend this recipe.

• Cyd says:

Either one will work fine and won’t make much difference in the taste. But if you are trying to cut back on salt intake, you could get unsalted. The recipe has 1/2 teaspoon of salt in it already. Hope this helps. :)

17. Mary Ann says:

Now that I’m on summer vacation from teaching, I can really enjoy baking again. I made these banana muffins this morning, and wow were they delicious! I followed the recipe exactly as written. They were light yet moist and full of flavor. Glad I saved this recipe on Pinterest so I will never lose it. Yum, yum, yum!