Skinny Banana Cookies

I found these little babies on Pinterest and I was a little hesitant to make them. They only require 3 ingredients and they are much healthier than other cookies (I've tried some healthy cookies in the past and they usually end up in the trash). They smelled amazing while they were cooking... and to tell you the truth - they turned out delicious! For being a healthy cookie... I rate them a 10!
Skinny Banana Cookies
(Makes 12-16 cookies)

Ingredients:
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup of uncooked Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°F.  Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.  Mix the mashed bananas and oats in a bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips. Using a spoon, scoop up the batter and place on the cookie sheet.  Bake for 12-15 minutes.

(Recipe from The Burlap Bag)

Looking for other low fat desserts?
Check out some of these:

1. Julie says:

I made these cookies today and they are something I will make again. I added a little vanilla and cinnamon. Do you have any idea of the calorie content in these?

• Barbara says:

I made these cookies today and added cinnamon as well. They do taste quite good, but the texture is a little weird as cookies go…somewhat wet tofu/mushroom like. I entered the ingredients into MyFitnessPal.com and came up with 79 calories per cookie for 14 cookies. I used Nestle dark chocolate morsels. You can do the same with your ingredients in the Recipe tab of MyFitnessPal.com. Happy baking.

• Pamela says:

Just baked these cookies and they turned out amazing! I made a double batch and added 1 tsp. of cinnamon and a splash of vanilla. When I first put them on the pan I thought they would run all over, but was shocked that they stayed formed and in place. Love them can’t wait to bake them again.

2. Dot says:

Love your recipes and have tried many of them. My grandchildren love the banana cookies. So yummy and fast to make.

3. Sarah says:

I had to cook these almost 1/2 hour..but super yummy & 117 cal for 2 wow…and put together in 10 min

4. nanci says:

I made these today and they were delicious. I decided to freeze them and it worked. Now I have a tasty frozen treat for my kids (well, really for me).

• Jackie says:

How did the freezing go? Did you put a bunch in ziplock bags?? I made them tonight and they are sooooo good!!!

5. Twilightmomtsm says:

Usually I like everything on this site. Not sure if I did something wrong, but I did NOT like these.

6. Pat MacKeage says:

I would say as a healthy alternative cookie, that these are quite delicious. Yes, the texture is different than a regular cookie, but quite good despite this. I did not use a cooking spray as I try to avoid this type of chemical, and instead simply spooned out the cookies onto a parchment lined baking tray. The recipe made 15 cookies and I worked out with the help of a calorie counter that each cookie equals 44.67 calories. A nice little treat when you’re craving a treat but are trying to avoid more calorie laden baked products.

7. Becca says:

I definitely had my doubts about how these cookies with only 3 ingredients would taste and turn out, but I must say I was so impressed!! They are so incredibly easy to make, healthy and they are actually delicious! Five stars

8. Jennifer Bartlett says:

Love these! Super easy for a non-baker. I added a half teaspoon vanilla, a few sprinkles of cinnamon and threw some Reese’s Pieces in there. Not sure how “skinny” mine were but I loved not using flour, eggs or milk!

9. Shar says:

I am on a strict diet of no grains, refined sugar, pasta or dairy, this is my little cheat area so I can have a snack! I do splurge and add the dark chocolate chips. These are so simple to make! And tasty warm out of the oven or kept in the fridge cold. Love Love love and the hubby loves them too!

10. ange says:

i also found these on Pinterest. This is an awesome recipe for overripe bananas.
    i used cinnamon chips because i did not have chocolate ones. the boyfriend loves them.
    I started lining a small loaf pan with parchment & mash it in there and bake a bit longer. Let it cool & cut into bars & wrap in waxed paper. quick easy granola bars.
    i had a horrible time with them sticking to my cookie sheet. Use parchment paper!
    Also tried with homemade applesauce & apple chunks & cinnamon chips instead of the bananas. i prefer that variation. pretty much any add in would be good. i am thinking cranberries next time

11. Whitenebula says:

Thanks for this recipe! This is my go-to recipe now when I have overripe bananas. So easy and healthy.

I always add cinnamon, and sometimes I add raisins rather than or in addition to chocolate chips.

12. Jessie21 says:

Not a fan of these. The oatmeal gets hard in the oven, and they taste very bland. Even for a “healthy” cookie I wouldn’t recommend.

13. Alicia says:

Made these cookies this evening after the gym….omg so yummy’ I will absolutely be making these again!

14. Laura says:

Trying these out right now – they are currently in the oven! Hope they turn out good :)

Wondering if anyone knows if you could substitute any other fruit instead of bananas? I have some over-ripe peaches on my counter I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with. Might try this with them.

15. Katie says:

I added cranberries, walnuts, unsweetened coconut, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and some chia seeds! The kitchen smells great!

16. Angela says:

I just made these and love them! They taste great for being a healthy treat. I added some chia seeds and a little bit of baking extract to give it a little extra “cookie” flavor. Not only were these super easy but they are such a great way of using bananas that might otherwise get tossed. I will definitely be making these again.

17. Joyce says:

These are a quick and easy little snack for times when you just want a little something sweet without all the guilt. I cooked them about 5 minutes longer too, looking for something a little more crisp and that seemed to do the trick. I would make these again, but might add less chocolate chips and include chopped nuts or something like that for crunch. Thanks for the idea!

18. Amanda says:

Had 2 ripe bananas hanging around on the countertop & found this recipe on pinterest. It’s quick, easy & the sugar or flour a bonus for me they are really good too! Thanks for sharing!

19. LisaMarie says:

Has anyone tried adding peanut butter? Something about this recipe screams peanut butter needs to be added. Look pretty darn good though even sans PB.

20. rachel says:

Hello. i AM A HUGE health nut and was wondering how healthy these are. I was also reading other comments and was wondering what is the texture? If i were to add vanilla and cinnamon how would you use? These are a snack? Thanks for all the help you can provide me with!

• Cyd says:

Hi Rachel, just click on the MAGIC button under the picture of the cookies, then click on NUTRITION. With 16 cookies per batch that equals about 59 calories per cookie. You will also see all of the nutritional value for the cookies. This is our sister site – MyRecipeMagic.com. You can click on the MAGIC button on all of our recipes for the nutrition. These cookies will not have the texture of a big gooey chocolate chip cookie, but for being healthy the texture is not bad at all.