Skinny Banana Cookies

I found these little babies on Pinterest and I was a little hesitant to make them. They only require 3 ingredients and they are much healthier than other cookies (I’ve tried some healthy cookies in the past and they usually end up in the trash). They smelled amazing while they were cooking… and to tell you the truth – they turned out delicious! For being a healthy cookie… I rate them a 10!
Skinny Banana Cookies
(Makes 12-16 cookies)

Ingredients:
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup of uncooked Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°F.  Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.  Mix the mashed bananas and oats in a bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips. Using a spoon, scoop up the batter and place on the cookie sheet.  Bake for 12-15 minutes.

(Recipe from The Burlap Bag)

Looking for other low fat desserts?
Check out some of these:

Like It? Share it!

If you enjoyed this post please consider sharing it with a friend

Family recipes, fun ideas, home projects & so much more!

Sign up for our free email newsletter and never miss another great recipe or tutorial.

45 Comments

• Barbara says

I made these cookies today and added cinnamon as well. They do taste quite good, but the texture is a little weird as cookies go…somewhat wet tofu/mushroom like. I entered the ingredients into MyFitnessPal.com and came up with 79 calories per cookie for 14 cookies. I used Nestle dark chocolate morsels. You can do the same with your ingredients in the Recipe tab of MyFitnessPal.com. Happy baking.

• Pamela says

Just baked these cookies and they turned out amazing! I made a double batch and added 1 tsp. of cinnamon and a splash of vanilla. When I first put them on the pan I thought they would run all over, but was shocked that they stayed formed and in place. Love them can’t wait to bake them again.

1. Pat MacKeage says

I would say as a healthy alternative cookie, that these are quite delicious. Yes, the texture is different than a regular cookie, but quite good despite this. I did not use a cooking spray as I try to avoid this type of chemical, and instead simply spooned out the cookies onto a parchment lined baking tray. The recipe made 15 cookies and I worked out with the help of a calorie counter that each cookie equals 44.67 calories. A nice little treat when you’re craving a treat but are trying to avoid more calorie laden baked products.

2. Becca says

I definitely had my doubts about how these cookies with only 3 ingredients would taste and turn out, but I must say I was so impressed!! They are so incredibly easy to make, healthy and they are actually delicious! Five stars

3. Jennifer Bartlett says

Love these! Super easy for a non-baker. I added a half teaspoon vanilla, a few sprinkles of cinnamon and threw some Reese’s Pieces in there. Not sure how “skinny” mine were but I loved not using flour, eggs or milk!

4. Shar says

I am on a strict diet of no grains, refined sugar, pasta or dairy, this is my little cheat area so I can have a snack! I do splurge and add the dark chocolate chips. These are so simple to make! And tasty warm out of the oven or kept in the fridge cold. Love Love love and the hubby loves them too!

5. ange says

i also found these on Pinterest. This is an awesome recipe for overripe bananas.
    i used cinnamon chips because i did not have chocolate ones. the boyfriend loves them.
    I started lining a small loaf pan with parchment & mash it in there and bake a bit longer. Let it cool & cut into bars & wrap in waxed paper. quick easy granola bars.
    i had a horrible time with them sticking to my cookie sheet. Use parchment paper!
    Also tried with homemade applesauce & apple chunks & cinnamon chips instead of the bananas. i prefer that variation. pretty much any add in would be good. i am thinking cranberries next time

6. Whitenebula says

Thanks for this recipe! This is my go-to recipe now when I have overripe bananas. So easy and healthy.

I always add cinnamon, and sometimes I add raisins rather than or in addition to chocolate chips.

7. Laura says

Trying these out right now – they are currently in the oven! Hope they turn out good :)

Wondering if anyone knows if you could substitute any other fruit instead of bananas? I have some over-ripe peaches on my counter I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with. Might try this with them.

8. Angela says

I just made these and love them! They taste great for being a healthy treat. I added some chia seeds and a little bit of baking extract to give it a little extra “cookie” flavor. Not only were these super easy but they are such a great way of using bananas that might otherwise get tossed. I will definitely be making these again.

9. Joyce says

These are a quick and easy little snack for times when you just want a little something sweet without all the guilt. I cooked them about 5 minutes longer too, looking for something a little more crisp and that seemed to do the trick. I would make these again, but might add less chocolate chips and include chopped nuts or something like that for crunch. Thanks for the idea!

10. Amanda says

Had 2 ripe bananas hanging around on the countertop & found this recipe on pinterest. It’s quick, easy & the sugar or flour a bonus for me they are really good too! Thanks for sharing!

11. rachel says

Hello. i AM A HUGE health nut and was wondering how healthy these are. I was also reading other comments and was wondering what is the texture? If i were to add vanilla and cinnamon how would you use? These are a snack? Thanks for all the help you can provide me with!

• Cyd says

Hi Rachel, just click on the MAGIC button under the picture of the cookies, then click on NUTRITION. With 16 cookies per batch that equals about 59 calories per cookie. You will also see all of the nutritional value for the cookies. This is our sister site – MyRecipeMagic.com. You can click on the MAGIC button on all of our recipes for the nutrition. These cookies will not have the texture of a big gooey chocolate chip cookie, but for being healthy the texture is not bad at all.

12. Tanalee says

The texture is a little different but it’s bananas not flour and eggs, that should be expected. Having said that they are super yummy! I added cinnamon, based off other posts, and I added a tablespoon of peanut butter. I would definitely make them again. I didn’t have old fashioned oats, just minute oats. Next time I’d like to try with the old fashioned and some other additives would be fun too.

13. Jill says

These are a great fun snack for my kids (and me). I add cinnamon, a little honey and a Tbls of flaxseed meal. A great substitute for cereal or granola bars. I make a double batch and freeze them for convenience.

Yummy!! Had some bananas that were getting to ripe so went to Pinterest a looked up banana recipes. Glad I picked this one. The kids and Hubby really enjoyed as well. I had read through some comments and decided to add the cinnamon and vanilla as well. Our twist was rather than chocolate chips we added PB chips. The texture is a bit chewier than a normal cookie. But yummy!! deffinately will make again :)

15. Ashton says

Oh my goodness… These are sooo delicious! I made one batch this morning, went to the grocery store, and then found that they were all gone. The second batch is in the oven right now! Thank you for posting this great recipe.

16. Cortney Bond says

Thank you so much for this recipe! You saved me from making a bad decision! These were so easy to make. I added carob chips, Truvia and Cider Spices original spice blends (cinnamon and apples). They are amazing!!