Healthy Meals, Mexican Food

Healthy Black Bean Spinach Enchiladas

Black Bean Spinach Enchiladas

We love Enchiladas at our house. I wanted to find a way to stick some veggies in there and I came across a recipe from The Garden Grazer. I changed things around a little bit to make it so my girls would eat it and it turned out delicious! Hope you love it as much as we did!

Healthy Black Bean Spinach Enchiladas

Ingredients:
15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
15 oz. can of corn
6 oz. fresh baby spinach
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup of fat free cottage cheese
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
2 teaspoon cumin
2 cups shredded 3 cheese blend (or your favoite cheese)
1 can of enchilada sauce
8 whole wheat or flour tortillas

In a large bowl, combine beans, 1 cup cheese, spinach, corn, green onions, cottage cheese,  2 tsp. cumin, and cilantro.

Preheat oven to 375. Lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking dish, and pour a small amount of the Enchilada sauce to coat the bottom.
Generously fill tortillas with the bean mixture. Roll up tightly with ends tucked in, and place seam side down in dish.
Pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas, coating evenly. Sprinkle with the other 1 cup of cheese on top.
Bake about 20 minutes, and garnish with cilantro and/or green onions (optional).

Recipe from the Garden Grazer

Looking for other Healthy recipes? Check out some of these!
Did you know that you can find nutrition information on My Recipe Magic.
Check out all of our recipes and the nutrition for them with the Magic Button!

Comments

1. Kristin says

This recipe sounds delish! Does the cottage cheese go in the mixture in the bowel with the beans and corn? Thanks!

2. Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting says

Looks delicious! We love enchiladas and black beans, will have to try this!

3. Christine says

Most of your recipes look AMAZING! But many of them contain gluten. I would like to see more alternative recipes for those of us cannot eat gluten. These enchiladas look soooo good. Maybe I’ll try them without the tortillas. Thanks.

4. Amy Jacob says

Sounds good but you never mention when to put in the cottage cheese? Also, could you sub ricotta instead?

• Cyd says

Ricotta cheese would work fine. We are editing the recipe. Thanks for calling it to our attention. That step was left off! OOPS!

5. Gwen @SimplyHealthyFamily says

We love our enchiladas here in southern Az. too!! Love this new recipe, especially the cottage cheese addition.

6. Andrea says

You have 1 cup of cottage cheese in the directions. Do you use it? It’s not in the instructions and the recipe from the Garden Grazer doesn’t seem to use it either. Should I just add it to the bean mixture?

7. Heather says

Hi-Sounds great but I still don’t see where to put the cottage cheese. It’s not in the directions.

8. Tina says

Loved this recipe the first time i made it. was very easy to make. Instead of using canned corn, I substituited fresh zuchinni, chopped up and low cal tortillas from trader joes at 60 calories each.

9. kelly says

Made these a few nights ago, turned out amazing, I mixed the veggies and cottage cheese stuffed the tortillas and yum. For a veggie dish, bravo. They were awesome.