Slow Cooker Swiss Chicken Recipe

Spring is always a busy time of year for our family.  With all the fun activities and everything else going on, I always need a good slow cooker recipe on hand.  This recipe is as delicious as it is easy!
Slow Cooker Swiss Chicken Recipe:
(Serves 6)
Ingredients:
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 slices Swiss cheese
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup milk
1 package herb stuffing mix
1/4 cup butter, melted
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.  Place chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker.  Cover chicken with slices of Swiss cheese.  In a small bowl, combine cream of chicken soup and milk and pour over chicken and cheese.  Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and drizzle butter over the top.  Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
Looking for more delicious slow cooker recipes?
Here are a few of our favorites:
A collection of our tried-and-true favorite slow cooker recipes that are easy to make and use simple ingredients.  We know that your family will love them as much as we do.  All in one place in a PDF file with links to the on-line recipe.  Get it here!
  1. rmb says:

I make this but a little different. Cook 3-4 slices of bacon, take out bacon to drain and put in refrigerator. In the pan you used for the bacon brown the chicken breasts in the bacon drippings. Place chicken in slow cooker and top with one small can drained mushrooms and one can of cream of chicken soup. At the end of the cooking time (usually only about 3 hours on low in my cooker) put slices of swiss cheese on top and the crumbled bacon. One of our favorites! Serve over rice with steamed broccoli on the side.

• Six Sisters says:

We buy the frozen chicken breasts. They are medium sized. We have also bought the chicken breast cutlets. Then we add a few more since they are smaller in size. Hope this helps. -The Six Sisters

2. JKT says:

Silly question….the Herb stuffing mix…do you use just the seasoning packet or both the packet and the actual dry stuffing?

Thanks!

• Six Sisters says:

The stuffing mix we used had it combined together. So if your seasoning packet is separate, combine them if your dried bread crumbs look like they have no seasoning on them. Hope this helps.

3. melissa says:

This is in the crock for tonight’s dinner..fingers crossed it comes out looking like your picture because it looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!

4. Doris says:

This is one of our favorite dishes, but I have never used the crock pot before. I will from now on though. Thanks for the idea.

5. Val says:

I’ve made this many times and always added a few thinly sliced pieces of boiled ham from the deli. Very good.

6. Jennifer Sauers says:

I want to make this recipe but my husband doesn’t like swiss cheese can i use cheddar do you think that would work?

7. Rachael says:

When I was in college, the dining hall served a dish like this that had little slivered almonds in it. It was delicious! I’m going to try this recipe and add almonds!

8. Sandi S. says:

I made this today and my stuffing is all dried out :( I’m hoping to save it some how! I tried doing the frozen chicken for 8 hours but I guess that won’t work.

9. Annie H. says:

Tried this tonight. Seriously delicious. My hubby and his friend were in love with it. I added toasted almonds on top of the finished dish and served with green beans, cranberry sauce & mashed potatoes.

10. Linda Davis says:

How exactly do you freeze this?? Put it all in freezer bag and then into crock pot, cook first then freeze, and how?? I am new to all this and there seems to be a couple recipes that aren’t spelled out for dummies like me ;)

11. Joy Jackson says:

I purchase chicken breast in 40lb boxes and the breast are quite large. How many lbs of chicken should I use?

Thanks!!!!

• Cyd says:

If your breasts are quite big maybe only cook 4 or 5. Our recipe calls for six, which is probably around 3 to 4 pounds.

12. Carolyn says:

One package herb stuffing mix…not sure which product you are referring to. Something like Stove Top or like the Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix? One is a much larger package than the other.

13. Jennifer says:

This looks awesome! I need to feed a family of 8, any tips on how to bump this up just enough for 8 without having to double the recipe? Thanks in advance!

• Cyd says:

Just add a little more of each ingredient to cover the other 2 chicken breasts that you will be adding. It’s ok if you add another can of cream of chicken soup. It will be extra creamy!

14. ron says:

this really looks and sounds good , going to make it this weekend. do you think i can use
    almond or lactose free milk instead of regular dairy milk ?

15. Stacey Z says:

I’ve been making this easy recipe for family and guest since getting it from a co-worker for the past 20 years!
    So EASY! And So DELICIOUS!
    When you serve it with a spinach salad and fresh bread, it’ll seem like you’ve slaved in the kitchen all day

16. shannan says:

I was wondering how much stuffing to use..? The recipe just says a bag.. I am using pepperidge farm and it comes in a 14 oz bag- is this too much? I read the comments and one person commented her stuffing was dry and I am now wondering if the 14 oz may be too much??

17. Rachael says:

If I was making this for 10 people vs. 6, and need to layer the chicken, should I put stuffing between the chicken layers, or just on top? Or would you recommend me slicing up the chicken first.

18. tammy says:

Made this last night for my hubby and I for dinner was great will make it again..ty for the great recipe.now im looking for a recipe for porkchops veggies with a creamy sauce any ideas?