Slow Cooker Swiss Chicken Recipe

Spring is always a busy time of year for our family.  With all the fun activities and everything else going on, I always need a good slow cooker recipe on hand.  This recipe is as delicious as it is easy!
Slow Cooker Swiss Chicken Recipe:
(Serves 6)
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 slices Swiss cheese
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup milk
1 package herb stuffing mix
1/4 cup butter, melted
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.  Place chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker.  Cover chicken with slices of Swiss cheese.  In a small bowl, combine cream of chicken soup and milk and pour over chicken and cheese.  Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and drizzle butter over the top.  Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
Looking for more delicious slow cooker recipes?
Here are a few of our favorites:
A collection of our tried-and-true favorite slow cooker recipes that are easy to make and use simple ingredients.  We know that your family will love them as much as we do.  All in one place in a PDF file with links to the on-line recipe.  Get it here!
Like It? Share it!

If you enjoyed this post please consider sharing it with a friend

Family recipes, fun ideas, home projects & so much more!

Sign up for our free email newsletter and never miss another great recipe or tutorial.

I make this but a little different. Cook 3-4 slices of bacon, take out bacon to drain and put in refrigerator. In the pan you used for the bacon brown the chicken breasts in the bacon drippings. Place chicken in slow cooker and top with one small can drained mushrooms and one can of cream of chicken soup. At the end of the cooking time (usually only about 3 hours on low in my cooker) put slices of swiss cheese on top and the crumbled bacon. One of our favorites! Serve over rice with steamed broccoli on the side.

2. Annie H. says

Tried this tonight. Seriously delicious. My hubby and his friend were in love with it. I added toasted almonds on top of the finished dish and served with green beans, cranberry sauce & mashed potatoes.

3. Linda Davis says

How exactly do you freeze this?? Put it all in freezer bag and then into crock pot, cook first then freeze, and how?? I am new to all this and there seems to be a couple recipes that aren’t spelled out for dummies like me ;)

4. Carolyn says

One package herb stuffing mix…not sure which product you are referring to. Something like Stove Top or like the Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix? One is a much larger package than the other.

• Cyd says

Just add a little more of each ingredient to cover the other 2 chicken breasts that you will be adding. It’s ok if you add another can of cream of chicken soup. It will be extra creamy!

5. Stacey Z says

I’ve been making this easy recipe for family and guest since getting it from a co-worker for the past 20 years!
    When you serve it with a spinach salad and fresh bread, it’ll seem like you’ve slaved in the kitchen all day

6. shannan says

I was wondering how much stuffing to use..? The recipe just says a bag.. I am using pepperidge farm and it comes in a 14 oz bag- is this too much? I read the comments and one person commented her stuffing was dry and I am now wondering if the 14 oz may be too much??

7. Rachael says

If I was making this for 10 people vs. 6, and need to layer the chicken, should I put stuffing between the chicken layers, or just on top? Or would you recommend me slicing up the chicken first.

8. Emily says

I would love to try this today for dinner but don’t have stuffing on hand. Do you think Panko bread crumbs would brown ok for the topping if I drizzle butter on top. Have never tried in crock pot?

9. Ava says

I am making this for tonight. Is it ok to have the chicken in multiple layers before adding the stuff on top? Or have you tried layering chicken, stuff on top, more chicken, more stuff on top?