Slow Cooker Swiss Chicken Recipe

Spring is always a busy time of year for our family.  With all the fun activities and everything else going on, I always need a good slow cooker recipe on hand.  This recipe is as delicious as it is easy!
Slow Cooker Swiss Chicken Recipe:
(Serves 6)
Ingredients:
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 slices Swiss cheese
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup milk
1 package herb stuffing mix
1/4 cup butter, melted
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.  Place chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker.  Cover chicken with slices of Swiss cheese.  In a small bowl, combine cream of chicken soup and milk and pour over chicken and cheese.  Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and drizzle butter over the top.  Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
Looking for more delicious slow cooker recipes?
Here are a few of our favorites:
A collection of our tried-and-true favorite slow cooker recipes that are easy to make and use simple ingredients.  We know that your family will love them as much as we do.  All in one place in a PDF file with links to the on-line recipe.  Get it here!
Summary
Recipe Name
Slow Cooker Swiss Chicken
Published On
Preparation Time
Cook Time
Total Time
Review
3 Based on 35 Review(s)
  1. rmb says:

I make this but a little different. Cook 3-4 slices of bacon, take out bacon to drain and put in refrigerator. In the pan you used for the bacon brown the chicken breasts in the bacon drippings. Place chicken in slow cooker and top with one small can drained mushrooms and one can of cream of chicken soup. At the end of the cooking time (usually only about 3 hours on low in my cooker) put slices of swiss cheese on top and the crumbled bacon. One of our favorites! Serve over rice with steamed broccoli on the side.

• Six Sisters says:

We buy the frozen chicken breasts. They are medium sized. We have also bought the chicken breast cutlets. Then we add a few more since they are smaller in size. Hope this helps. -The Six Sisters

2. JKT says:

Silly question….the Herb stuffing mix…do you use just the seasoning packet or both the packet and the actual dry stuffing?

Thanks!

• Six Sisters says:

The stuffing mix we used had it combined together. So if your seasoning packet is separate, combine them if your dried bread crumbs look like they have no seasoning on them. Hope this helps.

3. melissa says:

This is in the crock for tonight’s dinner..fingers crossed it comes out looking like your picture because it looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!

4. Doris says:

This is one of our favorite dishes, but I have never used the crock pot before. I will from now on though. Thanks for the idea.

5. Val says:

I’ve made this many times and always added a few thinly sliced pieces of boiled ham from the deli. Very good.

6. Jennifer Sauers says:

I want to make this recipe but my husband doesn’t like swiss cheese can i use cheddar do you think that would work?

7. Rachael says:

When I was in college, the dining hall served a dish like this that had little slivered almonds in it. It was delicious! I’m going to try this recipe and add almonds!

8. Sandi S. says:

I made this today and my stuffing is all dried out :( I’m hoping to save it some how! I tried doing the frozen chicken for 8 hours but I guess that won’t work.

9. Annie H. says:

Tried this tonight. Seriously delicious. My hubby and his friend were in love with it. I added toasted almonds on top of the finished dish and served with green beans, cranberry sauce & mashed potatoes.

10. Linda Davis says:

How exactly do you freeze this?? Put it all in freezer bag and then into crock pot, cook first then freeze, and how?? I am new to all this and there seems to be a couple recipes that aren’t spelled out for dummies like me ;)

11. Joy Jackson says:

I purchase chicken breast in 40lb boxes and the breast are quite large. How many lbs of chicken should I use?

Thanks!!!!

• Cyd says:

If your breasts are quite big maybe only cook 4 or 5. Our recipe calls for six, which is probably around 3 to 4 pounds.