Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas

You may have noticed that we are not professional photographers. :)
It’s definitely a work in progress for us!
When we started this blog, we used our old point-and-shoot cameras to capture pictures of our meals . . . we really were only photographing our food for each other because we never thought that anyone else would look at this blog.
Fast forward to today . . .
Even after a couple of photography classes and food styling classes,
it’s still so hard to make food make in the crock pot look appetizing.
It tastes amazing, but it’s just so hard to make it look good!
So even though the chicken/pepper/onion mixture in the tortillas might not look that good, I promise that it’s absolutely divine!
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
1 medium onion, sliced
1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced
2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 flour tortillas, warmed to serve
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place all ingredients in slow cooker and mix gently, until all spices are incorporated. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2 hours.
Serve with tortillas, shredded cheese, pico de gallo, and guacamole.
Love Mexican Food as much as us? Check out these recipes:
Be sure to stop by for tools and ideas to help you strengthen your family!
They share solutions, how-to’s & answers for families- including parenting, pregnancy, marriage, home, recipes, baby, health, vacations, family finance, values, children, and love just to name a few.
Like It? Share it!

If you enjoyed this post please consider sharing it with a friend

Family recipes, fun ideas, home projects & so much more!

Sign up for our free email newsletter and never miss another great recipe or tutorial.

These look so yummy! We love anything wrapped in a tortilla at our house :)

I’d love for you to link up at my link party sometime — it’s just starting out, so there’s not a lot of people participating yet, but I’d love to have something from the Six Sisters :)

Yum!! I”m making this tonight. And you’ve been featured on Clarks Condensed Dinner Party. Come check it out, and link up another recipe if you want! (and if you’d rather not have your photo featured, just let me know!)

Camille, I completely understand the dilemma with making crockpot food look good. Actually none of my dinner dishes look good all winter season because of the lack of lighting (which is why i seemingly only post desserts and snacks on the blog during that time). Regardless, I think it looks great!

Mmmm…looks so yummy! I think your picture looks great! We love fajitas around here and I love the idea of making them even easier by cooking them in the slow cooker.
    Thanks so much for linking up at Real Family Fun.

4. Gemma Snider says

I’m going to try these tonight. Sounds delicious!! Oh and for what it’s worth…I found your recipe by Googling “crockpot chicken fajitas” and when I saw your photo I thought it was a cookbook cover!! Not too shabby, I’d say!!! :))

5. Katie says

This looks delicious! And I agree that the picture is great, which is why I want to make this. I just had two questions.

1) How many servings does this recipe usually make?

2) If I froze the ingredients ahead of time, is the crockpot cooking time the same? Thanks!

• Cyd says

Makes about 12 fajitas. If you have big eaters, they will want more than one. If your ingredients were frozen when you put them in your slow cooker it would take a little longer because they would have to thaw as part of the cooking time. Not exactly sure how long that would be. Just watch it closely.

6. Amanda says

I’m addicted to your website and telling everyone about it lol… tonight I’m trying these and so excited. My only question is I’m planning on just using a can of rotel instead of tomatoes and chili’s any opinions on that??

7. tracy says

Thank you for this recipe I’m pretty sure I’ll never make fajitas any other way!!!! The flavor was better than restaurant s. My only suggestion is you can drain some liquid from cans cause I tried both ways and preferred the less soupy version it had more flavor