Dr. Pepper Glazed Ham

Easter is in less than a week! Holy cow! Where has the time gone? Growing up my Grandma made a delicious ham for Easter every year. This year I decided to try a few different ham recipes and this Dr. Pepper Pineapple Ham was by far my favorite! We will be making it again this Sunday. Hope you all have a wonderful Easter!

Dr. Pepper Glazed Ham

Ingredients:
1 5 to 10-pound spiral-sliced Ham
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Dr Pepper
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 cup crushed pineapple

Remove the ham from the packaging. Place the ham, cut-side down, in the roasting pan or baking dish and wrap the ham and pan tightly with foil.

Adjust an oven rack to the lowest position and heat the oven to 250 Degrees
Bake the ham until the center registers 100 Degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours, depending on the size of the ham. (about 17 minutes per pound) - or you can buy it pre-cooked and it will cook for a lot less time.
While the ham bakes, bring the sugar, Dr Pepper, and mustard to a simmer in a medium saucepan and cook until syrupy and reduced to 3/4 cup (about 8 minutes)
Remove the ham from the oven and roll back the sides of the bag or the foil to expose the meat. Carefully tip out the juices that have collected in the pan into your sink. Brush the ham with the Dr Pepper glaze and then spoon 1/2 cup of crushed pineapple over the ham and glaze.  Return it to the oven, uncovered, for about 30 minutes. (Check the ham occasionally and if it appears to be browning too much, tent it with a piece of foil.) Remove the ham from the oven and brush it again with the Dr Pepper glaze. Tent the ham loosely with foil and let it cool for 30 to 40 minutes before slicing and serving.

Recipe adapted from Leite's Cluinaria

Looking for some Easter Side Dishes?
Here are my favorites:
MyRecipeMagic
Have you signed up to become a chef on My Recipe Magic?
Not only does it add "magic" to your recipes, but it's the only recipe sharing site that actually PAYS you to share your recipes! So if you have a delicious recipe that everyone always asks for or a family favorite that everyone loves, share it today and make a little extra "dough"!
  1. Lexy says:

Is there any reason one can’t PIN this delicious sounding recipe? I tried clicking on your PIN emblem but nothing happens. Thanks.

2. Rachel says:

I guess I should go back and re-read the directions, but do you cook it upside the whole time and poor the soda mixture on the bottom of the ham since its upside down? Help I’m lost :)

• Cyd says:

You cook the ham with the sliced side down. The soda mixture is a glaze at the end of the cooking time. It will give it a glazed coating. You carefully pour it on the cooked ham. It’s in the direction portion of the recipe. If it’s getting overcooked, close up the foil to slow down the cooking process. Hope this helps.

3. Jaime says:

This ham is amazing! I tweaked it a bit since I didn’t use a spiral cut ham, but it turned out perfect. I brought some over to my parents and my mom now wants to make it for Easter! So delicious, I will definitely make this again :)

• Cyd says:

We made this for Easter dinner. We added about 1 cup of water in the roasting pan, but when it was done we had about 3 to 4 cups of liquid. So it wasn’t necessary after all.

4. SusanM says:

We made this tonight, subbing pineapple juice because I was out of crushed pineapple. We loved it, thank you so much for sharing this recipe! Next year we’re either going to put it on the slow cooker or cook it in one of those baking bags to really get the flavor into the meat.