3 Ingredient Banana Bread

nicolecrown2 {at} gmail {dot} com
Dont forget....
Every item at SexyModest Boutique, including jeans, tops, dresses, purses, jewelry, and accessories are ALWAYS under $50!

- See more at: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/02/sexymodest-boutique-review-and-250-gift.html#sthash.L9ZEwBgW.dpuf

Please contact us within 48 hours to claim your prize!
sixsistersstuff@gmail.com

This week has been crazy and when I'm not home, we don't eat all of the food in the house. We are on the "not loving bananas" phase in our house. They were definitely too brown and nasty to attempt to eat so I decided to find a recipe that called for bananas. As I searched, I found one from Lindsay at Artsy-Fartsy Mamma. I just met Lindsay from our Build Your Blog Conference and she really is one of the nicest people I have ever met. I also LOVE her blog! She has so many cute ideas - Check it out here!

3 Ingredient Banana Bread

Ingredients:
1 (15.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
2 eggs
3-4 overripe bananas

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Smash bananas in a large bowl (I just mixed them in my Bosch), then add remaining ingredients and mix well. Spray 2 small loaf pans or 1 large loaf pan with non stick cooking spray. Fill the pans (or pan) with batter. Bake at for 35-40 minutes - you might need to bake longer if using 1 loaf pan.
(Recipe Adapted From Artsy Fartsy Mamma)
Do you have brown bananas sitting on your counter also?
Check out other ways you can cook with them!

It's finally here!
Our FIRST cookbook is now available for purchase!
You can check it out HERE.
Sixsistersstuffnew5097495_detail
  1. Jen S. says:

Do you think this would work with gluten-free cake mix? Betty Crocker makes one that I’ve seen as a base for carrot cake before. I’d imagine the bread would be rather dense but if it worked and I didn’t have to keep making 2 loaves for us that would be kind of great!

• Six Sisters says:

We haven’t tried it, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. One comment says they will be trying it with a spice cake mix. Let us know how it all works out! -The Six Sisters

• Rebecca says:

I just made this using the spice cake, 4 nasty bananas, 2 eggs….and I had to throw in a cup of chopped walnuts. I baked them in 4 mini loaves and they turned out spectacular! Thanks for the spice cake idea! (ps…I baked the mini loaves @350 for 33 minutes).

2. Julie says:

A+ for ease factor and less mess… not in love with the boxed factor, seems like an unhealthy choice when it doesn’t take much longer to make a ‘from scratch’ banana bread with more wholesome ingredients…

3. OMG If you have not tried this you must. It is so easy and makes the best banana bread ever. I have even added miniature chocolate chips to mine. I gave up making banana bread because it was always too dry or not completely baked but this is wonderful!

4. r3 says:

Wow–had to try this! Only had 1 egg, so I substituted mayo for the missing egg. Added cinnamon, and chinese 5-spice powder, and a touch of rum. Can’t wait to try it–is smelling wonderful! Thanks for the recipe.

5. r3 says:

I made this in a heart shaped bundt pan. Turned out delicious! And the texture was lighter than many banana breads I’ve had–which is a good thing!

6. Nikki says:

How many cups mashed does the banana come to? Bananas vary SO much in size that some small bananas are only 1/2 the size of a large sized banana…. and that could lead to over dry or gooey results… I’d like to try this with a chocolate cake mix to make choco-banana bread!!

7. Tracey says:

I loved this recipe! It was so easy. I had on hand three large, ripe bananas and a box of white cake mix. I added 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of vanilla in with the eggs and mixed it all by hand. I baked it in a loaf pan for 55 min. at 350, and it turned out perfect!

• Cyd says:

Hi Sharon, We have never made these into muffins. I’m sure it would work. We are not sure on the exact cooking time. Muffins usually cook around 15 to 18 minutes. Just watch them closely! Let us know how it all turns out!

8. Kelly says:

Not worth the time or effort (and it is minimal). I got sucked in to this…..experienced cooks/bakers will know better. THIS IS NOT Banana Bread, it is banana cake. Sort of. The texture is singularly disgusting, like rubber…..I will definitely take 5 more minutes to make the real thing. Very disappointing and I don’t get where the raves are coming from. Sorry to rain on the parade but must be truthful!

9. Brenda says:

I just made the banana bread , it is fast and easy. We love it. I will take it when our church has a function.

10. kathy says:

i made this using a caramel cake mix an made as muffins

even made half with some min chips i shook in for more variety

will make again for sure

they are super easy for sure

thanks for idea

11. Kelly says:

Bought a $1.50 bag of slightly over ripe bananas for my Yonanas machine and used 4 of them to try this recipe. Used a yellow cake mix and made (2) 4×9 loaves. Spent about $2 and got a loaf for our house and one to share. Loved the recipe. Heavier than cake but not as heavy as traditional banana bread. Cant wait to try dome variations. Think a banana cake mix would work really good.

12. Barb Hayes says:

I have made this recipe many times and they only thing I add is pumpkin pie spice. No one believes it’s made from a cake mix!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!! :)

13. Gloworm says:

This is the second time this week I have made the 3 Ingredient Banana Bread. I used chocolate the first time and it was a big hit – Kind of reminds me of Costco chocolate muffins. Today I am using a Butter Pecan cake mix. I don’t like to cook as much as I did when my kids were little but this is SO simple even I don’t mind throwing it together! Thanks for the recipe.