Blueberry Butter Cake

I LOVE anything that has blueberries in it. I was looking through my Costco Cookbook and found this delicious treat. The dried blueberries made this recipe POP! It really was so delicious!!!
Blueberry Butter Cake

Bottom Layer:
1 Package Yellow Cake Mix
1 Large Egg
8 Tablespoons butter, melted
Filling Ingredients:
8 Ounces cream cheese
2 Large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 Tablespoons butter, melted
15 to 20 ounces dried blueberries (I found some at Costco and Sam's Club)
2 cups of confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
For the Bottom Layer:
In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and melted butter. Mix well with an electric beater. Pat the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. (to make it easier to spread.... I spayed my hand with a little cooking spray and patted it into the bottom of the pan)
For the filling:

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla and melted butter - beat again until blended. Stir in dried blueberries and sugar and mix until well blended
Spread the filling over the cake batter. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Do not over bake! The center should be a little gooey. Serve at room temperature. Makes 6-8 servings.
    • Six Sisters says:

Just click on the magic button under the recipe picture and that will take you to our sister blog myrecipemagic. Then click on the picture of the little printer. -The Six Sisters

1. I made this last night to the t on the recipe it did not look like the picture the cake baked up the middle didn’t it Yates good so next time I would maybe mix it all together

2. Marcia S. says:

Christine, it’s suppose to be gooey in the middle, because it’s like a gooey butter cake. It should be a little firm, but still gooey. I can’t wait to try this and see if it works with all the blueberrie that I froze this summer.

3. Patty says:

I love, love, love fresh blueberries and baking. I’m going to use frozen berries and going to make this for my Mom. Also, I will serve it with vanilla ice cream. Thanks for the recipe.

4. Jamie says:

Thank you so much for this recipe! I made it with a few less dried blueberries and added a small handful of fresh blueberries. Delicious!

5. Mary says:

Hi! I love this recipe but would like to make it with fresh blueberries instead of dried blueberries. Do you think it would work?

Thanks!
    -Mary

• Cyd says:

The recipe called for dried blueberries and so we just followed those directions. Fresh blueberries might make it soggy or could cause some bleeding in the cake part turning it blue.