I know that some people really don’t like macaroni and cheese (especially the kind the comes in the blue box), but I have to be honest . . . it really is one of my favorite foods of all time. I love gourmet homemade versions and I love the easy versions that can be made in your microwave in 3 1/2 minutes that only require you to add water.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2½ cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (I used 1%)
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Boil the macaroni in water for six minutes and drain.
- In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Heat over medium high heat and stir until the cheese melts.
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Combine cheese mixture, sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper in your slow cooker. Add the drained macaroni and stir again.
- Cook on low for 2 to 2½ hours, stirring occasionally (I cooked mine for about 2 hours and stirred it twice and it was perfect).
Recipe source: Repeat Crafter Me
Check out all three of our cookbooks here: