Oatmeal Scotchies Muffins Recipe

One of my favorite cookies has always been my mom’s Oatmeal Scotchies.  I love the flavor of butterscotch chips!  These muffins have the same amazing taste of oatmeal scotchies, but in muffin form.  They are delicious!

Oatmeal Scotchies Muffins Recipe:
1/4 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup low fat milk
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 large egg
1 cup butterscotch chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar and set aside.  Mix yogurt, sour cream, melted butter, milk and vanilla until well blended.  Add egg and mix to combine.  Combine wet and dry ingredients.  Fold in butterscotch chips, but do not over mix.  Scoop batter into a greased muffin tin.  Bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
(Recipe adapted from Love From The Oven)
Looking for more delicious muffin recipes?
Here are a few of our favorites:
 In just one year, SixSistersStuff.com grew from a couple hundred page views a day to HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of page views a day. They are asked all the time how they did it, and so they have written a book loaded with all the ways they used to grow their blog. It’s pages are packed with valuable information and this eBook will help you be able to grow your blog too! Available for only $4.99! Get it here!
Like It? Share it!

If you enjoyed this post please consider sharing it with a friend

Family recipes, fun ideas, home projects & so much more!

Sign up for our free email newsletter and never miss another great recipe or tutorial.

Elyse, I think I should skip your blog until I’m done with my fast. I gave up SWEETS for most of January. These look so good I could eat the picture on the screen. Yikes! :)

BTW, thank you for the two great ebooks about blogging. They are absolutely excellent and worth far more than the humble price you are charging. I printed them out, put them in a binder and am going through, page by page, highlighting. What a blessing! Sinea from Ducks ‘n a Row
    BLOG HOP on Wednesdays. Please stop by! http://www.ducksnarow.com

Anette, I actually created the recipe that these are based off of (they simply used all purpose flour in place of the white whole wheat in mine, aside from that, it’s my recipe). These were a result of repeatedly tweaking and changing a sour cream muffin recipe, so you are probably good to go if you want to use more sour cream in place of the yogurt. My original intent was to cut back on the sour cream, hence the Greek yogurt.

I created these specifically for my daughter who is an extremely picky eater. She is terribly critical of everything, especially when she knows I’ve made substitutions. These get a huge thumbs up with her. I promise you do not taste the yogurt at all, so you might want to give them a try. For all of the things I bake and share on my site, my muffin recipes are my most personal and the ones I spend the most time testing and developing (over and over), because they are for my kiddos first, the blogosphere second. You can check out the original, as well as my other muffin maker over recipes at: http://www.lovefromtheoven.com/tag/muffins/ :)

Christi – thank you for the reply – I did see that they credited you with the original recipe and went to your site after I posted the question :) I will try the way you wrote it and see what happens. I love oatmeal scotches and didn’t get a chance to bake a batch at Christmas so I have chips calling to be used :) Thank you for your time and the help! Annette

I halfed the recipe and tried these today. I don’t know if it is a “mental” thing but still thought I could taste some of the yogurt (and I don’t like yogurt) :(. The chips part was tasty – would probably try to come up with a replacement for the yogurt and try again. :)

5. sona says

I am not a cook, so have a couple questions. I made these today and the taste is excellent. However, the bottom of the muffin papers were drenched with I am assuming butter (when I took them out of the oven) and the muffins stuck to the papers so much that half the muffin was uneatable. I used a nonstick pan, so do they need less time to bake. I checked them at 16 minutes and the toothpick was not quite clean, so let them stay for one more minute. Would like to try again, but dont want to be left with half muffins again…..any help?

• Cyd says

Hi Gina, just click on the MAGIC button under the picture and then click on NUTRITION. It will give you the servings, calories and all the nutritional info on this recipe. It’s our new sister site – MyRecipeMagic.com. We have over 20,000 recipes out there. Great place to check when looking for a delicious recipe plus all the nutritional info on every recipe. Hope you’ll stop by and check it out!