Dessert, Recipes

Luscious Lemon Delight

Lus Lemon Delight

The eight week challenge is going strong! (I’ve lost 2 pounds so far!) My most favorite day is the Treat Day! I always make sure I make something good on that day! The picture really doesn’t do this treat justice. It really is SO Delicious!!!

Luscious Lemon Delight

Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, divided
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
2 (3.4-ounce) packages lemon instant pudding mix

2 2/3 cups milk

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375F.

Combine flour, 1/2 cup pecans and butter in a medium bowl and mix well. Press onto the bottom of an 11 x 8-inch baking dish. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Let stand to cool.

Place cream cheese in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set at medium speed until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and beat until mixture is light and fluffy.

Add 1 cup whipped topping to cream cheese mixture and fold in gently. Spread over cooled crust.

Combine pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl. Beat until thickened. Spread on top of cream cheese layer. Top with the remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Chill, covered, for 1 hour. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.

From Grandma’s Kitchen

Looking for other delicious desserts? You must try some of these!
Don’t forget!
Join us for a fun-filled day including lunch, workshops, and panels. This will be a great opportunity to network with lots of other bloggers and businesses, plus you’ll get lots of free prizes, swag, and loads of information to help you grow your blog!  Register today

Comments

This has always been a favorite of mine as I was growing up. I can’t make it because I would eat the whole pan! I have a friend that will make it once a year for us at Christmas time. That’s the only time I’m allowed to have it!

That doesn’t look like the pudding mix you combine with milk…that looks like the cooked pudding mix you make lemon meringue pie out of???

The picture looks like it was really made with COOK n serve pudding mix cause it has the more clear look, sorta like lemon curd or lemon meringue pie filling. it doesn’t look like it has milk in it as the lemon INSTANT pudding does! Maybe it is just the lighting, or photography, but, my instant lemon pudding never looks like that!

I have made this chocolate for years. Can also make it with coconut or butterscotch pudding. Lemon is a favorite of mine too but I don’t do much lemon because I would eat it all.

I am like a couple others. The lemon pudding I have used is milky looking, not this clear pretty look.

Made this for my hubby and he sat there eating it saying “Oh My” in between bites. When he was done he looked at me and said “Honey!” “You Can Definitely Make This As Much As You Want!”

• says

I don’t think there would much difference with low fat cream cheese. As for the whipped cream and sugar free pudding, we haven’t tried them. Hope this helps. :)

I love this recipe, and always use low fat cream cheese and light cool whip. It turns our great! Also, I make a homemade lemon pudding and it puts it over the top! I love your website! Thanks for all the great recipes!

7. Irene Shaul says

That is definitely not instant lemon pudding. I make the instant lemon for my husband and it is not clear yellow like that.

• Cyd says

You are fine to make this in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Each layer will not be as deep. Be sure to watch the crust layer that cooks. It may not take as long to cook.

8. Carol says

I’m going to make this soon! It looks delicious! I made one almost the same using a can of pumpkin and everyone loved it…..but we have a granddaughter who doesn’t like pumpkin, so I was hoping to find something to replace the can of pumpkin. Butterscotch sounds good too! I’m new to pinterest, but have been finding so many tasty and fun things to pin!