Baked Sloppy Joes

One of my husband's favorite foods is sloppy joes. I don't really love buns so I thought I would try something new and put the sloppy joes in biscuits. They turned out delicious and a lot less "sloppy" than the original kind! Hope you like them!

Baked Sloppy Joes
Ingredients:
1 lb of ground turkey (or you can use ground beef)
1 medium onion, diced
1 Package of Jumbo Biscuits (mine had 8 biscuits)
1 can of Manwich sloppy joe sauce

Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Brown your turkey and onions on a frying pan. When it is cooked through, add your Manwich sauce and stir until it is all heated through.

Next flatten out your biscuits and add 2 spoonfuls of your turkey mixture to one side of the biscuit. Add some cheese to the top of the turkey mixture then fold the biscuit and pinch it closed. Place them on a cookie sheet.

Cook for 13 to 15 minutes until they are browned on top.

Looking for other Delicious Recipes? These are some of my favorites.
Don't forget!
Join us for a fun-filled day including lunch, workshops, and panels. This will be a great opportunity to network with lots of other bloggers and businesses, plus you'll get lots of free prizes, swag, and loads of information to help you grow your blog!  Register today!
  1. Love this recipe! Plan to make again with pizza fillings. I prefer the biscuits to the crescent rolls as I have made other recipes with different fillings using crescent rolls. This is a great idea, thanks for posting. My new favorite recipe!

2. Michelle says:

This looks easy & tasty – perfect for a weeknight! I wonder though, do you maybe have an ideal for a healthier alternative to the biscuit for the outside pocket?

3. Rosey says:

These came out so amazing!

But instead of grands I used Jr. grands. 10 count package of them. 2 packages.

I placed ten flattened down on a cookie sheet. Topped with the meat and cheese. And then placed another buiscuit flatened on top of that one, and then pinched the sides together so it came out like a buiscuit bun. :)

Amazing recipe that me and my boyfriend loved and will be making again.

4. Kim says:

Awesome idea, but these (as well as any sloppy joe or sloppy joe variation) are SO MUCH BETTER with homemade sloppy joe sauce, not Manwich in a can (yuck, too many artificial ingredients, preservatives, and chemicals!!) Homemade sloppy joe sauce is surprisingly easy to make, too. Trust – you’ll thank me later! =)

5. Becka says:

Made these for the second time tonight! They are so delicious and pretty fast to make. It is SO much easier for my 4 1/2 yr old and 17 month old to eat sloppy joes this way too! Thank you so much for sharing this great idea!

6. Audrey Mickey says:

Made these tonight. I had way more sloppy joe mixture than I did biscuits, so I like what Rosey said in a previous comment about using 2 cans (wish I would have read that earlier). Other than that, this is a great recipe! We added sliced black olives and used shredded Colby jack cheese, instead of mozzarella. Delicious! Thanks!

7. Wes says:

Just made this for me and my girlfriend and they were excellent! Also they’re really filling. We couldnt even finish em

8. ruth says:

Hi! Thanks for sharing. Great site! I used kraft bbq sauce instead of Manwhich. My kids don’t like the chunks of stuff in the manwhich. Luv it!