25 of the Best You Tube Workout Videos

I am a workout video junkie.
I think that it's in my blood because our sweet mom has done a workout video everyday for probably the last 25 years.
I am not even kidding.
And she is seriously in the best shape (and always has been!).
Even after having six girls, she still rocks a teeny, tiny waist and tight abs
(and all the sisters are jealous!).
Her goal when she turned 50 was to be able to do the splits- both ways. Well, she turned 50 this past September and she totally reached that goal. She's amazing!
Anyway, I love the convenience of workout videos because I can do them at any time of the day or night and I can do them in the privacy of my own home (because let's be honest- I have no rhythm and don't exactly want to do these moves in public).
However, I get so bored with a video once I have done it once or twice.
I have tried Insanity and P90X, but I struggle sticking with the program because I get so tired of the same ol' stuff day after day.
I have been playing around on You Tube and have been so impressed with some of the workout videos that are out there- completely for free!
So today I wanted to share with you 25 of my favorite You Tube Workout Video- now you have no excuses for not working out. :)
P.S. Have you joined our 8 Week "Get Healthy" Challenge yet?!

Jillian Michael's 6 Week Six-Pack Abs

Leg Blaster Workout
15 Minute Ab Workout
Home Circuit Training
Long and Lean Legs

Superstar Abs Workout

1. Monica says:

This is so awesome! I love doing videos at home but I am the same way get so bored and then find myself making excuses. I’ve done all of the Jillian Michaels ones but I can’t wait to try the others.

2. This list looks great! I love Youtube workouts! I’ll have to try some of these ones. I like the Fitness Blender workouts on Youtube as well.

This may be dorky, but I like to buy workout videos from thrift stores. They always have a HUGE selection, as long as you have a VHS player. Usually they cost 50 cents to $1.00. I have found some of my favorite tapes this way! Plus I think it’s funny to work out to old 80′s tapes where everyone is wearing spandex and all the men have beards and sweatbands. Ha ha! Your local library may have workout videos you can check out also.

3. Danielle says:

I also hate repeating the same workouts – this is an awesome roundup Im bookmarking this. Ive done all the Jillian ones but Kickboxing is my favorite workout – definitely trying these!

4. Holy camoly!! These are totally fun! Not all of them are my style… but still, no reason to not get some physical activity in each day!

Thanks for rounding these up to help us all get some diversity into our workouts!

5. Emily says:

Thanks so much for this! i’ve been debating signing up for Gaiam TV online because they have a massive amount of workout videos, and i also struggle with same-video boredom. I’ll be trying some of these later when i get the kids to pick up their toys. ;)

6. Love this post! I am a gym class junkie-when I do workout at home my kids like to do it with me. Enough said for why I prefer the gym:) I have also done the Jillians ones, and man she is amazing. She takes working out to a whole new level. Plus the 30 day shred is so fast! Anybody can work out for 20 minutes!

7. I am still looking for an Old Woman’s workout. I am 63; in purty good shape, but I do have some arthritis in knees and I would have to start out with something not quite so FAT BURNING that would last me for 15 seconds! lol! I would like to join Curves, but the family banker hasn’t agreed to that idea yet!

• Hi Linda,

Not just older ladies are looking for something less “jostling”, but also, moms like myself are looking for something more suitable for our lifestyles. . . I had 5 kids in 7 years (and spent 25 weeks total on complete bedrest – losing most of my core strength). I’m 39, and my last kids were born when I was 35. I’d been looking for something that would gently rebuild my core strength and help with my cardio too. I went to the YMCA asking for a trainer to help me gently rebuild, and the trainer I was set up with who wanted to “Jillian Michaels” me (you know, boot camp junk, which is all the rage). And I actually went home after my one session with my back hurting worse and in a way that it shouldn’t.
      My doctor told me to look for a real Pilates or Yoga instructor. I couldn’t afford private sessions – have you seen the prices of those?! Instead, I purchased some used Pilates DVDs and videos as well as a book by Alycea Ungaro so I could try it at home. One of the more “therapeutic” and basic Pilates instructors on DVD that I’ve tried so far is Lynne Robinson. . . she can be found online at http://www.bodycontrolpilates.com.
      Over the past year, my base fitness level has increased, and I do run, stair climb for my hiking goals, lift light weights. . . I prefer fresh air exercise over indoor videos. And I think aqua aerobics and anything you can do to get fit in a pool is better than wearing out your joints too early! (I know a 52 year old lady, who appears very fit, who obsessively ran mileage each week – and ended up with a hip replacement! And some of saying now that too much cardio for women can actually make your thyroid sluggish and cause you to retain weight.)

I recommend finding a gym you trust, having a trainer or maybe even a physical therapist show you what equipment/which exercises can help you meet your goals or improve your health. Over the years, I’ve seen some people stick with the types of videos above, but I’ve seen the majority of people desperate in the New Year jump into them and give up. I don’t feel that high energy jostling is exclusive as a means to get fit. I think the key is making habits that you look forward to executing and fit your lifestyle and needs.

• Hi Little Towhee

Please don’t let trainers like the one that you give us all a bad rep. I would rebook another appointment with a different trainer or talk to the co-ordinator about exactly what you want and they will set you up with a trainer to match your style. I am a trainer, but really take the time to sit down with my clients- define their goals, consider their experience level in a gym, identify any obsticals they my have and help to if possible to find a solution to overcome them. For people not comfortable in a gym environment- I prefer to help make them comfortable by only prescribing a couple of exercises to start and not only show them how to do the exercise, but explain the functionality of that particular exercise, show them the muscles that they should be feeling when they perform the exercise and focus on proper form when doing the exercise. Less is more- especially when starting out. My goal is to take that intimidation factor out of joining a gym.

8. FourSisters says:

Thanks for the list! You should also check out Cassie Ho of Pop Pilates on You Tube. Tons of videos targeting every body part, plus she’s fun to follow with all of her energy.

9. FourSisters says:

10. Lisa Martin says:

Thanks for posting these! I made a playlist too! I never thought about doing exercise videos from youtube!! duh..
    Encouraging info about your mom! I’m almost the same age, and I want to be like her! :) Doing a daily exercise video, and able to do the split both ways! haha. I can almost do it the easier way. thx again for the links.

11. What a fabulous list!!! I love doing You Tube exercise videos, and I’ve actually done some of these on your list in the past. The Zumba ones are my favorite. You don’t even feel like you’re exercising, just dancing! My new obsession is “Just Dance 4″ on the Wii. It makes me feel like I’m in middle school again, practicing dance routines. And, it works up a great sweat. So much fun.

12. This is awesome! I shared it with a lot of my friends and Pinned it (because I’m kind of an exercise junkie). Thank you so much for sharing it at my link party today. I love your blog and I’m so honored that you consistently join my parties, as I am just trying to get mine off the ground.

-Angie

13. I have never ever been able to get into working out at home. Who am I kidding, I can even get into working out “out” of the home. When my son was 9 months old, I joined a gym for the first time in my life and loved it but stopped going after about 2 years due to a location change. I’ve been considering going back but just never get there to sign up. Funny how that works huh? This looks like a great list and it makes me want that flat stomach again! ha :)

14. Danielle says:

I am so excited about this great roundup I wanted to let you know that I featured this today in my “What I Bookmarked This Week” post – stop by and see.

15. Angela says:

Oh I have to know more about your mother! I’m 36 but my goal is to get my splits this year. I’ve had 6 babies too and knowing that your mother has achieved a fit body and her splits at 50 just makes me do a happy dance–like if she can do it I can too.

16. Finley says:

I do not know if it’s just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering problems with your website. It seems like some of the text within your content are running off the screen. Can someone else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This might be a problem with my web browser because I’ve had this happen previously.
    Thanks

My web page Max Lean X Review

17. Shelby says:

Hello there just happened upon your blog via
    Google after I typed in, “25 of the Best You Tube Workout Videos | Six Sisters’ Stuff” or perhaps something
    similar (can’t quite remember exactly). In any case, I’m delighted I found it because your subject material is exactly what
    I’m looking for (writing a college paper) and I hope you don’t mind if I gather some material from here and I will of course
    credit you as the source. Thank you so much.

Here is my blog :: seo service provider (http://www.thriveforeducation.org)

18. Kendra says:

Are there supposed to be links to all the videos? Maybe it’s because I’m on my kindle but I’ve got no way to get to the videos!

19. Seymour says:

Fantastic goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely magnificent.
    I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you’re saying and
    the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to
    keep it wise. I can not wait to read much more from you.

This is actually a terrific web site.

Take a look at my page: handstand pushups for beginners

20. chelsea says:

I saw this post a few months ago and all of the links were working. I wanted to come back and do the Beginning Zumba workout, but the link is not working. I searched youtube, but a bunch of beginner videos came up. I was wondering if you could tell me which one you used and liked. Thanks.

21. Cary says:

Hey there!
    Thanks for the list. I try to get in a workout youtube video everyday… sometimes I fail. But at least 6 days a week I’m doing a video. My all time favorite is Tiffany Rothe workouts. She is fabulous to follow, with tons of energy and is so encourage. Plus she’s easy to follow and doesn’t make me feel completely uncoordinated ( ; Check her on youtube here. Her ‘boxer babe’ is one of my favorites and her mountain climber video will make you feel every muscle in your body by the end of it!

22. Craig says:

Check out the new ones on youtube.com/ifitlive. They offer a new workout every day. I haven’t gotten bored yet because I am always getting something new.