Chicken, Main Dish, Slow Cooker

Slow Cooker Pesto Ranch Chicken Recipe

Slow+Cooker+Pesto+Ranch+Chicken[1]

This is a the perfect dinner for a busy day.  Just toss the ingredients into your slow cooker and you are ready to go by dinnertime!

Slow Cooker Pesto Ranch Chicken Recipe:
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (6 ounce) jar of pesto
1 (0.25 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
1 cup chicken stock

Place chicken breasts in the bottom of slow cooker.  Spread jar of pesto over chicken using a spoon.  Sprinkle on ranch dressing mix.  Pour chicken stock over the top.  Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.

(Recipe adapted from Picky Palate)

Looking for more delicious chicken recipes?
Here are a few of our favorites:

Comments

I have made lots of recipes from your site, but this one by far is my fav! I didn’t have Breasts so we used bone in thighs. And I thickened the cooking liquid in a pot with a roue and milk and served it over pasta. My family loved it! Definitely will serve it again!

I’m a slow cooker newbie, and this recipe was delicious and amazing! We poured a ton of the leftover chicken stock over linguine noodles and the recipe really came full circle. Definitely putting this in the regular meal rotation. Thanks!

i did this by cooking the chicken all day with a whole carton of chicken stock, jar of pesto and one pkg of ranch dressing mix. After 7 hrs I shredded the chicken then added a box of box tie pasta and cooked till pasta al dente – then added 8 oz of cream cheese. Kids loved it

• Cyd says

We have tons of recipes on our blog that would go with this chicken. Just look in our recipe index. We have potato dishes, salads, vegetables, and rolls. That would make a delicious meal!!

• Cyd says

You can whisk together 1/4 cup of flour and 3/4 cup to 1 cup of water. Mix until stirred well and no flour chunks. Then add that to the chicken juices over medium heat stirring constantly til thickened.

4. Rikki says

One of our faves here. I have told many friends about it. Thanks for the tip on making gravy. The juices work just fine as is but thickening it up would help it not run everywhere. I usually serve with rice (my boys are anti- mashed potatoes) and salad or green beans.