Slow Cooker Pesto Ranch Chicken Recipe

This is a the perfect dinner for a busy day.  Just toss the ingredients into your slow cooker and you are ready to go by dinnertime!

Slow Cooker Pesto Ranch Chicken Recipe:
(serves 4)

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (6 ounce) jar of pesto
1 (0.25 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
1 cup chicken stock

Place chicken breasts in the bottom of slow cooker.  Spread jar of pesto over chicken using a spoon.  Sprinkle on ranch dressing mix.  Pour chicken stock over the top.  Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.

(Recipe adapted from Picky Palate)

Looking for more delicious chicken recipes?
Here are a few of our favorites:
  1. Sandy Clancy says:

I have made lots of recipes from your site, but this one by far is my fav! I didn’t have Breasts so we used bone in thighs. And I thickened the cooking liquid in a pot with a roue and milk and served it over pasta. My family loved it! Definitely will serve it again!

2. Dana Lange says:

I’m a slow cooker newbie, and this recipe was delicious and amazing! We poured a ton of the leftover chicken stock over linguine noodles and the recipe really came full circle. Definitely putting this in the regular meal rotation. Thanks!

3. Debra says:

i did this by cooking the chicken all day with a whole carton of chicken stock, jar of pesto and one pkg of ranch dressing mix. After 7 hrs I shredded the chicken then added a box of box tie pasta and cooked till pasta al dente – then added 8 oz of cream cheese. Kids loved it

• Cyd says:

We have tons of recipes on our blog that would go with this chicken. Just look in our recipe index. We have potato dishes, salads, vegetables, and rolls. That would make a delicious meal!!

• Cyd says:

You can whisk together 1/4 cup of flour and 3/4 cup to 1 cup of water. Mix until stirred well and no flour chunks. Then add that to the chicken juices over medium heat stirring constantly til thickened.

4. Rikki says:

One of our faves here. I have told many friends about it. Thanks for the tip on making gravy. The juices work just fine as is but thickening it up would help it not run everywhere. I usually serve with rice (my boys are anti- mashed potatoes) and salad or green beans.