Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy

This was the easiest crock pot meal I have ever made. If you love potatoes and gravy... you are going to LOVE this! It smells up your whole house and is just perfect for a cold day!

Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy

3 large Boneless Skinless Frozen Chicken Breasts
2 Cups of Fat Free chicken broth
2 (7/8 ounce) Packages Chicken Gravy Mix or other Gravy Mixes such as brown Gravy

Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot. Pour in chicken broth. If it doesn't cover the chicken, you may add a little bit of water. Cook on low 8 hours, or high 4-5 hours. Check for tenderness.

In a saucepan, pour 2 cups of broth from crock pot. Add 2 packages gravy mix and stir until it thickens, about 2 minutes. If you like you can make gravy from scratch, using the crock pot broth.

Remove your chicken from the crock pot and shred it. Add it to the gravy and mix it all together.  Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles. (I used instant mashed potatoes) Add salt and pepper to taste.  Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

• Six Sisters says:

We have a new website in the works right now that will give you all of the nutrition facts etc. This slow cooker chicken and gravy might take a couple of days to get onto the site. You can look into other meals on the website for now! Go to http://www.myrecipemagic.com. Hopefully that will help you for now!
      -Kristen

1. Alicia says:

As someone who is just now getting used to cooking for myself again (no longer with the boyfriend that cooked amazing food), this is perfect. Thank you!

2. Elaine says:

We had this tonight, and I think my husband accidentally improved it! He didn’t read the directions carefully, so added the chicken gravy packets with the broth/water over the chicken. Then I used two more packets to make the real gravy. It was delish! I think the extra gravy added more flavor.

3. Wendy says:

I was thinking of adding peas and carrots to this and using it as filling for a chicken pie or making a chicken version of Shepherd’s Pie. Maybe even using a country gravy mix instead of chicken or brown gravy. Have you ever deviated from this general recipe?

• Cyd says:

We haven’t deviated with this recipe. But adding veggies sounds delicious and turning it into a chicken Shepherd’s pie!! YUM! Please let us know how it all turns out. We love to hear new ideas. Have a terrific weekend! -The Six Sisters

4. Dave says:

Not sure what I’m doing wrong, but your ‘print friendly’ tab is not working for me. I used my old fashion way of copy/paste to get it though.

5. Brittany says:

This was my 5th recipe used from six sisters and it once again was delicious!! Love all the recipes, especially just learning how to cook for my husband. Have not had a meal turn out bad yet from this site husband and family loves everything! Thanks six sisters!

6. wanda lebeau says:

LOVE YOUR RECIPES. I ALSO LOVE THE PINTEREST.
    COOKING IS MY FAVORITE THING. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP.