When I had my baby my very kind neighbor brought over Million Dollar Spaghetti. I had never tried it before and I must say it was delicious! We loved it so much that my husband suggested I make it again! Here is a recipe I found that worked out just as well!
- 1 pound of lean ground beef (you could also use ground turkey)
- 1 (26 oz) jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 oz) package fat-free cream cheese
- ¼ cup fat-free or reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 (8 oz) container cottage cheese
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles, uncooked (or your favorite kind of pasta)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles as directed on the package. While your noodles are boiling, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream and cottage cheese in a medium-sized bowl until smooth (there might be a couple of bumps from the cottage cheese, but but make sure it's all mixed together well).
- Place meat in a large skillet and brown until completely cooked through. Drain, if desired.
- Pour your spaghetti sauce over the meat and mix well.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Layer half of the cooked noodles in the bottom of the dish. Pour the creamy cheese mixture on top of the noodles and spread it around evenly
- Add the rest of your noodles and put a few slices of butter on top of those noodles. Pour the red sauce and meat on top and again spread it all over.
- Cook casserole uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove the casserole from the oven, top with cheese, and return to the oven to cook for 15 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Adapted from Being Grown Up
Here are some good ones:
This recipe is part of our 1500 Calories Per Day Healthy Menu Plan. Be sure to check it out today!