Million Dollar Casserole

When I had my baby my very kind neighbor brought over Million Dollar Spaghetti. I had never tried it before and I must say it was delicious! We loved it so much that my husband suggested I make it again! Here is a recipe I found that worked out just as well!

Million Dollar Casserole

Ingredients:
1 lb. of Ground Beef (you could also use ground turkey)
1 jar of Spaghetti Sauce (26 ounces)
8 oz of fat free Cream Cheese
1/4 cup of fat free Sour Cream
8 oz. low fat Cottage Cheese
1/4 cup of Butter
8 oz. of Noodles (I used penne pasta)
1 cup of Cheddar Cheese
Boil a pot full of water. Add your noodles as directed on the package. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  While your noodles are boiling, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream and cottage cheese. Make sure you mix it very well!

Next place your meat in a skillet and cook until brown and cooked through. Drain it.

Pour your spaghetti sauce over the meat and mix well.Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
Layer half of the noodles in the bottom of the dish. Pour the creamy mixture on top of the noodles and spread it all over.
Then add the rest of your noodles and put a few slices of butter on top of those noodles. Then pour the red sauce and meat on top and again spread it all over. Place the casserole in your oven for 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes take the dish out and add your cheese on top and cook it in the over for another 15 minutes.
Adapted from Being Grown UpThe cute girls I got this recipe from made it with spaghetti noodles. Check out their website here for how they made theirs!

Looking for other delicious Casseroles?
Here are some good ones:

Looking for more easy recipes?
Check out our 5 Ingredient Cookbook!

This is a collection of 31 of our easiest and quickest recipes, including 11 more slow cooker recipes.  You can't miss with the simple desserts and treats!  All of them contain 5 ingredients or less and can be put together quickly!  You'll love them like we do especially for only $2.47!  Get it here!

1. nana says:

this with a little of Trader Joes white corn(frozen) added has been somethng from when Grandma made it when she got stuck with the babysitting while all of her daughters went Christmas shopping. Of course, she used leftover meats

2. Yum! I’m sold by the picture. But I’m having trouble with the recipe. A few of the finer points escape me. Maybe I’m just tired from a long day, I mean a loooonnnnngggg day at work! I’m still going to make it tonight though. It looks and sounds amazing.

3. Melissa Caldwell says:

I made this last week and my family loved it. My husband said I should definitely add it to list of rotation meals. My daughter cant wait to cook it for her boyfriend and maybe try it out on her roommates! Awesome!!!

4. Kristen says:

I’d also like to know how much spaghetti sauce is in the “can” you’re talking about. This sounds like a great and easy recipe that I could make for my boyfriend and I. I currently have two 26-oz jars of spaghetti sauce I’d like to use soon, and surely they can be used in this casserole. If you could just tell me how many ounces of spaghetti sauce there should be rather than just a generic “can”, that would be great!

5. Jacie says:

Quick question- just getting started with making some freezer meals and I’d love to make this but I just want to make sure I do it correctly…do I cover and freeze after making it? Thanks for your help!

• Cyd says:

Yes, cover and freeze it after making it. Then just thaw and cook when ready. Some people cook it before freezing, then they just thaw and heat through. Either way works, just watch it closely.

6. Heidi says:

Can you imagine this with Spaghetti Squash instead of Pasta? OMG! And I love Nana’s idea of corn! With squash this becomes a complete meal. gluten free and Paleo friendly! How awesome!

7. Lee Ann says:

This looks awesome and will be fabulous for stocking our church’s Compassionate Cooks ministry freezer. About how many servings will this make?

• Cyd says:

Just click on the MAGIC button under the picture and then click on NUTRITION. It will give you all of the nutritional info and servings. This is our new sister site – MyRecipeMagic.com. It has so many great features. Hope you’ll stop by and check it out. http://myrecipemagic.com/home/recipes
      Have a great day! -The Six Sisters

8. Jamee says:

I made this for dinner tonight. With temps in the single digits, I thought this would be a perfect comfort food with homemade rolls. It was delicious! Thank you for the recipe.

9. Audrey says:

I made this for Sunday dinner today…My picky family really liked it. The flavor is perfectly rich with the cottage cheese, sour cream and cream cheese…I also substituted spaghetti for the penne..I will definitely make it again.

10. Amber says:

I’ve got this dish in the oven right now! I love it. It’s a good alternative to plain old spaghetti. Plus I love cream cheese in pasta dishes. Mmm!