Christmas, Dessert, Valentines

Cherry Chocolate Nut Bars

Cherry-Chocolate-Nut-Bars

These Cherry Chocolate Nut Bars are a family favorite.  Our cute neighbor Sylvia makes these every year for Christmas.  If you are not home when they are delivered, you will have a whole year to wait for another shot at one of these yummy bars! They will go fast!  We finally got the recipe from her.  They are so easy to make and very addicting.  They taste just like a Big Cherry candy bar!

Cherry Chocolate Nut Bars

Ingredients:
12 ounces milk chocolate chips
3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
12 ounces salted peanuts, chopped
1 package (10.5 ounce) miniature marshmallows
1 container cherry frosting (16 ounce)

Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter on low in the microwave. Stir well and add the chopped peanuts.  Spread half of this mixture in a 9 x 13 inch glass pan sprayed very lightly.  Place in fridge to set up.  Melt marshmallows.  We melted it in the microwave on very low stirring every 20 seconds. When melted and smooth, stir in the frosting.  Spread this mixture carefully on top of the chocolate layer.  Let cool in the fridge.  Then top with remaining chocolate for the last layer.  If it has set up a little, just microwave it for about 30 seconds and stir well.  Be sure to spread each layer to the edges of the pan.

Refrigerate until firm.  Cut into pieces – about 48.  Store in refrigerator.

Looking for more delicious bar recipes?
Here are a few of our favorites:

Cookbook Image

Our cookbook makes a wonderful gift (and it’s priced right at less than $18!) . . . you can check it out HERE.

Comments

• Sherrill says

so you melt mr goodbar in the micro? how many bars? if you gotta melt, you gotta melt? which is easier and cheaper? not sure i remember mr goodbar having a peanut butter flavor

YES! I have been looking for this recipe for a while. I even resorted to begging friends on FB to see if any of them had it. A former boss used to make it and I never got around to asking for the recipe.

Thanks! I can’t wait to try this out.

Girls you are killing my hips but love love your site. I tried the cracker toffee recipe and OMG it is fantastic. Now I saw this one and gotta try it. it is worth the few seconds on the lips and years on the hips. Keep up the great site. xoxo

Betty Crocker makes a cherry frosting (I found it at Wal Mart). Duncan Hines has the new frosting where you have to add the flavored powder and they have a cherry-vanilla that would work. Hope this helps! These are super yummy!

Could you just make homemade buttercream with almond flavoring? We always say it tastes like cherry. And also, would it work to use a container of marshmallow cream instead of melting the marshmallows? I happen to have the one and am out of the other. Thanks!

• says

Did you try it with the marshmallow cream? I only ask b/c I wanted to try it too if it worked. I just made this with actual marshmallows like the recipe called for but I had difficulty trying to get them to melt smooth enough.

We have only made this following the recipe. But if your homemade buttercream is what you like, I think it should work. We’re not sure on the marshmallow cream. I’m thinking it may just work! Good luck!

Oh My Goodness!! I haven’t had these since I was a little girl (too long for me to think about, lol) Sounds amazing.

Merry Christmas!!

Would love for your to drop by sometime!

7. Kelley says

Oh my goodness! Thank you for posting this recipe. I love Bing candy and have tried a different version of this recipe with not much success :( I can’t wait to try this recipe..yum!

8. vickie says

Just wondering if you could substitute almond butter and chopped almonds instead of peanut butter and peanuts? Not a peanut butter fan. I do like peanuts though, so maybe some other kind of substitute for the peanut butter. Love your site, love the variety of recipes and I have made lots of them to date, each one turned out really well. Thank you all so much for your dedication to your site.

• Cyd says

Hi Vickie, we haven’t ever substituted anything for the peanut butter because we are huge peanut butter fans. I’m sure you could use almond butter if it’s about the same consistency as peanut butter.

9. Stacy says

Just made these! They are so YUM! My husband and I have been craving one of those cherry cordials since we moved away from Idaho! So excited to be able to make them on my own now! I made one addition to the recipe that made them just PERFECT though! I added a jar of maraschino cherries that had been drained very well and halved on top of the cherry cream layer and pressed the cherry halves into the cream! Absolutely delicious!

10. jeannie says

These are great, the only problem I had is cutting them they looked terrible. Any tips on cutting them, would like to make again and share, thanks