- Posted on
- 15 Comments
Cheesecake lovers unite!!
For those of you who have no control when it comes to cheesecake (like me),
I give you bite-sized cheesecakes in the form of a cookie.
The cheesecake cookie dough is absolutely divine (I may or may not have eaten it by the spoonful), then you roll the yummy dough in crushed graham crackers and top it off with sweet cherries . . . basically heaven.
You are welcome.
Cherry Cheesecake Cookies Recipe
Author: Six Sisters Stuff
Recipe type: Dessert
Cheesecake in the form of a cookie?! Brilliant! These cookies have been winners in two different cookie contests - not only are they cute to look at, but taste absolutely amazing. It just wouldn’t be Christmas without them!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole graham crackers)
- 1 (20 oz) can cherry pie filling
- In a medium bowl, cream butter, cream cheese, egg yolk, vanilla, lemon zest and salt until fluffy. Gradually mix in powdered sugar, then the flour to make stiff dough. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for about 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and preheat oven to 325 degrees. Shape dough into small one inch balls.
- Beat egg white until foamy. Dip balls in egg white then roll in graham cracker crumbs. Arrange cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and make a depression in the middle of each cookie with your thumb.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cookies begin to brown on the bottoms. Remove cookies from baking sheet and let cool. Fill depression with a teaspoon of pie filling (or as much as you can fit on each cookie).
Craving more cheesecake?
Here are some of our favorites:
Other interesting food sites: