Cheesecake in the form of a cookie?! Brilliant! These cookies have been winners in two different cookie contests - not only are they cute to look at, but taste absolutely amazing. It just wouldn’t be Christmas without them! %http://media.sixsistersstuff.com/uploads/2012/12/Cherry-Cheesecake-Cookies-Recipe-Six-Sisters-Stuff-700x1050.jpg
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole graham crackers)
- 1 (20 oz) can cherry pie filling
- In a medium bowl, cream butter, cream cheese, egg yolk, vanilla, lemon zest and salt until fluffy. Gradually mix in powdered sugar, then the flour to make stiff dough. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for about 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and preheat oven to 325 degrees. Shape dough into small one inch balls.
- Beat egg white until foamy. Dip balls in egg white then roll in graham cracker crumbs. Arrange cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and make a depression in the middle of each cookie with your thumb.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cookies begin to brown on the bottoms. Remove cookies from baking sheet and let cool. Fill depression with a teaspoon of pie filling (or as much as you can fit on each cookie).