It seems that as soon as the temperatures start to drop, the germs creep in and my whole family comes down with a cold. I have wiped a hundred runny noses his week and served dozens of glasses of orange juice . . . and at the end of the day, it’s so nice to have warm chicken noodle soup ready to eat.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 oz) can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- ½ of an onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 4 large carrots, finely chopped
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1½ cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded (or 2 cans canned cooked chicken)
- Add everything but the noodles and cooked chicken to the crock pot. Cook on low heat for 6 hours. Add the uncooked noodles and cooked chicken, turn heat to high, and cook for one more hour. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Creatively Domestic
Items needed for this recipe: