It seems that as soon as the temperatures start to drop, the germs creep in and my whole family comes down with a cold. I have wiped a hundred runny noses his week and served dozens of glasses of orange juice . . . and at the end of the day, it’s so nice to have warm chicken noodle soup ready to eat.
This soup is so simple to make and tastes amazing! Prep it in the morning and you can smell it simmering all day long. This is definitely one of my favorite soup recipes of all time.
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Author: Six Sisters Stuff
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 8 servings
Prep it in the morning and you can smell it simmering all day long. This is definitely one of my favorite soup recipes of all time.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 oz) can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- ½ of an onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 4 large carrots, finely chopped
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1½ cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded (or 2 cans canned cooked chicken)
- Add everything but the noodles and cooked chicken to the crock pot. Cook on low heat for 6 hours. Add the uncooked noodles and cooked chicken, turn heat to high, and cook for one more hour. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Creatively Domestic
Items needed for this recipe:
Looking for more warm soup recipes?