Pumpkin Pie Truffles Recipe

I hate to admit it, but I am not a huge fan of pie.  I have never liked pie crust!  I decided I would make a dessert that had the great taste of pumpkin pie without the crust.  It was a hit!

Pumpkin Pie Truffles Recipe:
(Makes approx. 30 truffles)
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup finely ground gingersnap cookies
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
For dipping:
2 cups white chocolate chips, melted
For garnish:
Additional gingersnap crumbs
To make the pumpkin pie filling, melt white chocolate in microwave-safe bowl in 30second increments until melted.  Set aside and let cool slightly.  Add pumpkin, gingersnap crumbs, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, cinnamon and cream cheese to cooled white chocolate.  Mix well until combined and smooth.  Transfer the mixture to the refrigerator or freezer until it has thickened up enough to scoop and roll into balls (about 1 hour).
Scoop the filling mixture and roll into 1 inch balls.  Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet.  Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer and let chill until firm (about 2 hours).
When you are ready to dip the truffles, melt 2 cups of white chocolate chips in the microwave in 30second increments or until melted.  Carefully dip one ball at a time into the chocolate.  Turn quickly to coat and set on lined baking sheet to set up.  Sprinkle with gingersnap crumbs while the chocolate is still runny.  Transfer the baking sheet to the refrigerator and chill until chocolate coating is set.
(Recipe adapted from Annie’s Eats)
Looking for more delicious pumpkin recipes?
Here are a few of our favorites:
Like It? Share it!

If you enjoyed this post please consider sharing it with a friend

Family recipes, fun ideas, home projects & so much more!

Sign up for our free email newsletter and never miss another great recipe or tutorial.

Just wanted to let you know that I made these “black and white” style with white chocolate and dark chocolate. It was a HUGE hit with the family and with the people in my office. Thanks for such an awesome recipe, this is going in the “family tradition” box for sure.

2. Jeanie says

I made these, and they were a success. Do you know if they freeze well?
    Also, have you considered giving comment-ers the option of subscribing, so they know when someone responds to their comment?
    Thanks, as always.

3. Jill says

I made these at least three times last holiday season. They were a huge hit every time. I’m sure I’ll have to make them again this year or else I’ll hear about it! People’s faces just light up when they taste them!

4. Morgan says

These look fantastic and I’d love to bring them to my Thanksgiving dinner. I did have a question, though. When you add the ingredients to the cooled white chocolate in the beginning, how does the chocolate not seize up when the cooler ingredients are added? If they are all at room temperature (including the cream cheese), will it be OK? I have had an incredible amount of trouble with chocolate in the past and would love any tips!

• Cyd says

The ingredients are not that cool so the white chocolate does not seize up. After you mix it all together, that is when you cool it down so it can set up and be rolled into balls. These are fine to set out for a few hours for your Thanksgiving dinner. Would refrigerate after a few hours to be safe.

5. Kennyatta says

Well you could do what my dad and I did when I was little and I still do occasionally today if I don’t just bake the filling in a pie pan: dig a spoon into the pie and just eat the filling and leave the crust. We drove mom nuts doing this LOL

6. Amanda says

Making these for our Thanksgiving celebration tomorrow. I used the new Greek Cream Cheese and so far has seemed to work well. One question – the filling is not as thick as say oreo truffles are – Can you add extra cookie/graham crumbs to thicken up the filling a bit without ruining the flavor? Has anyone tried this?
    I added extra cinnamon and I also added some homemade pumpkin pie spice to increase the flavor in mine (my husband always complains that pumpkin recipes are too bland) and it worked out beautifully – the flavor is perfect for us.
    Letting the filling sit in fridge overnight and finishing in the morning. Hoping I have enough time!!