Orange Sherbet Jello

Happy Thanksgiving!

We hope that you know how grateful we are for you- thanks for reading our blog and supporting us everyday!
Our family's turkey dinner just isn't complete without some type of Jello. I don't know if it's because we are from Utah, love sugar, or just crave that gelatin-goodness . . . we just love Jello!
This recipe is so yummy and smooth. Serve it as dessert or a side dish- I guarantee your eaters will love it.

Orange Sherbet Jello
Ingredients:
2 (3 oz) packages Orange Jello
1 cup water
1 (8 oz) container Cool-Whip
1 pint orange sherbet

Boil water and remove from heat. Add the 2 packages of orange jello and stir until dissolved. Set jello aside and let it cool for a couple of minutes.
In a separate bowl, mix together Cool Whip and orange sherbet.
Add Jello to Cool Whip mixture and mix thoroughly until well combined (I used an 8x11 baking dish).
Refrigerate for about 4 hours to set. Top individual servings with whipped cream and mandarin oranges.

Looking for more Jello recipes?
  1. QuiltFrog says:

We make a similar recipe every year. Mine is “jelling” in the fridge as we speak. Can remember the year my Grandmother forgot to make it. My cousin and I refused to eat dinner in protest.

2. my mama was in the hospital for several months when I was a toddler and back in that day (thought I’m NOT THAT old) we didn’t get to visit her often, but on mother’s day, we got to come visit and the nurses gave us a treat very similar to this – ahhhh the wonderful warm memories this brought back – especially since our mom is no longer with us….thank you thank you!

3. cathy says:

Do you think you could substitute vodka for the water to make it an adult dessert?! I love to make jell-o shots and I think this would be a fan favorite!!! Thanks!

• Cyd says:

We have only made this recipe as directed on the recipe. I think whipping cream might work. Don’t know for sure though. Be sure to let us know how it all turns out. Best of luck to you and thanks for coming to our blog! :) -The Six Sisters

• Mom2em says:

My family has made a similar dessert for Christmas ever since my Mom was a little girl. We use red jello (any flavor you like) made with 1 c. boiling water and 1 c. cold water. Let it barely gel, whip it using a hand mixer and then whip in 1 pint softened vanilla ice cream. Put in pretty bowl and refrigerate to set up until dessert time…it’s refreshing, not overly filling or rich. Every year we say we want to make an Orange version in the summer but never do — I would imagine lemon would be delicious, too. Maybe this summer. . . . .

4. Joni says:

I tried making this and as soon as the jello hit the whip cream/sherbet mixture it solidified and turned into a stringy jello mess that wouldn’t mix. I had to throw it all away. What did I do wrong? Do you mix this with a hand mixer or just mix it by hand with a wooden spoon? I tried it with the sugar free jello and lite whip cream, maybe that is why? Help, I really want to try this again as I can make it with the sugar free items for my diabetic son and it would be a relatively decent (as far as desserts go) treat for him.

• Cyd says:

We have never had a problem with this recipe, but we have never used sugar free jello. I’m thinking that must be the problem. Sorry it didn’t work for you. We used regular whip cream also, not lite.

5. Joni says:

Haha! I read the recipe again and saw that I used the wrong size of jello. I used (2) 6oz boxes, when I should of used (2) 3 oz boxes. I ran to the store and got some more jello and tried it again. It’s chilling in the fridge now and looks great! Worked fine with the sugar-free jello and lite cool whip. Will be a great treat for my son! Thanks!

6. Lisa Burris says:

I just got done making this. Chilling in the refrigerator!
    I used Lt. cool whip, cause I bought it by mistake. Had the sugar free jello, so just used that. I mixed jello with water until dissolved than added sherbet, and mix till melted. Also added a 16 oz., drained well, can of chopped mangarine oranges and 1 small can drained, crushed pineapple. Folded in cool whip. Put in a 9 by 11 glass dish. Sprinkled with miniature marshmellow. Taking it to a church potluck. If I come home with an empty dish I’ll be happy!
    Thanks

7. Dianne says:

I’ve made this before when my kids were young, and they loved it! Guess I forgot about how good it
    was, so gonna have to make it again…….just for me :-)