Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls

My husband isn't big into junk food but one thing he does love are these peanut butter balls. He had them growing up and loves that they are smaller and you can just pop one into your mouth and not feel too guilty! They make a perfect treat for Christmas!

Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls

1 (16 oz) container peanut butter
3/4 cup butter softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 3/4 cup powdered sugar

12 oz chocolate chips, melted

Mix the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and powdered sugar together. Roll into 1 inch balls (not any larger). Stick the dough into the refrigerator until cool.  Next dip them into the melted chocolate. Set the chocolate coated ball onto wax paper and cool. Keep in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat them!

My favorite thing is to eat these little balls when they are frozen. If you keep them in a ziploc bag in the freezer then you can pop one in your mouth whenever you just need a little snack!

Looking for other Peanut Butter Snacks? You must try some of these!!!
  1. I have been so craving these, made them today, so so so yummy. I have been without a stove top for 2 weeks, waiting on a part. I needed something that avoided my non-working appliance. I think I have gained 10 lbs just knowing they are in the fridge….. LOL

2. Stefanie says:

I have a question for you… how do you melt the chocolate. I tried these last year and tried chocolate chips, bakers chocolate, using double boiler and not using one and the chocolate never really melted, it was lumpy. Any suggestions?

• Six Sisters says:

Ha Ha! Funny you should ask that! I tried to melt some fancy chocolate chips and they turned into a giant lump! The second time around I used a bag of Nestle Chocolate chips. I put them all in a pan and melted them on the stove. Make sure your stove is turned to low. If it is any higher it will burn. Wait until all the chocolate is melted and them remove it from the stove top. :) I hope this helps!

• Tricia says:

Add 2 T butter (or Crisco)to the chocolate chips. Microwave or use a double boiler to melt. If you use white chocolate chips you will need more butter/Crisco.

• I usually use the chocolate wafers( IE Merckens) but you may be heating them up to much. You need to microwave them for maybe 10 seconds at a time, stir them nuke again, stir again till they are starting to melt. One I see probably 50% are melted after stirring, I just stir them until they are all melted. It isn’t supposed to get above 91 so it shouldn’t be that hot, just enough to melt it. I have used chips occasionally and do it the same way. White chocolate burns much quicker than dark

• Dianne says:

I have not tried it BUT
      I saw it on Pinterest
      someone set a jar with the chocolate
      into the crockpot ….
      the crock pot had water in it and was kind of like a double boiler
      that is what I plan to try
      good luck

3. Ann says:

If you love someone with food allergies, you could sub as follows to make them free of the top 8 allergens. Even if they don’t eat them (and they probably won’t due to cross contamination issues in preparing them), it will make it much safer for them to be around the sticky fingers that do eat them ; ) And you will make one allergy family very grateful for your thoughtfulness. All ingredients should be available at your local Wal-Mart for not much more money than the regular ingreients too.
    Easy Chocolate Sunbutter Balls

1 (16 oz) container Sunbutter
    3/4 cup Earth Balance Soy-Free Butter softened
    3/4 cup brown sugar
    3 3/4 cup powdered sugar

12 oz Enjoy Life chocolate chips, melted

Mix the Sunbutter, Earth Balance butter, brown sugar and powdered sugar together. Roll into 1 inch balls (not any larger). Stick the dough into the refrigerator until cool. Next dip them into the melted chocolate. Set the chocolate coated ball onto wax paper and cool. Keep in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat them!

• Cyd says:

Just click on the MAGIC button under the picture and then click on NUTRITION. This is our new sister site – MyRecipeMagic.com. It will give you the servings and all the nutritional information you need on our recipes.

• I am guessing your chocolate was way too hot, it only needs to be a little above room temp once it’s melted ( IE slightly warm to the touch for the last stir) which I don’t think would melt the pb mix and then if it was burnt like it sounds like it could have been, it get clumpy and grainy looking. Just about to try these though so I may be eating my words lol!

4. Jessica Pennington says:

I have a question. I tried to roll these into balls after blending all ingredients together and they were too sticky? Does anyone know of why this would happen and what would you recommend adding to make them not so sticky? Please help. Thank you! :)

• Terri says:

When I have made these before, my hands definitely got sticky from the peanut butter. I found that by sprinkling my hands with powdered sugar, it wasn’t as bad. But be sure to clean the pb off your hands regularly

5. Kayla says:

So…forming the peanut butter balls…it was a gooey pain in the butt. BUT!!! I am a genuis (haha), took out my trusty little rubber bowl scraper (don’t know its real name, sorry guys), scraped the peanut butter out of the bowl and into a zip lock baggie. Cut a corner of the bag…and BAM!! Perfect peanut butter balls within minutes…WITHOUT THE GOOEY MESS!! Now that I have my balls in the freezer…I am going to go change out of my powder sugar covered clothes :-) Great recipe! Try the zipper bags!!!!

6. Vickie says:

If you don’t like the mess “which I DO’…try a sifted powder sugar dipped melon baller. These are so
    yummy, but the Grandkids tend to end up a mess. So I came up with the melon baller idea ! You’re
    welcome daughter of mine for the ‘not so messy, happy kids’.
    Hope this helps at least one person :-)

7. Judy says:

I’m trying to make peanut butter chocolate balls that look like chestnuts. I didn’t have any bakers chocolate BUT I had regular chocolate chips. I made the peanut butter balls and put them in the freezer for about 2-3 hours. I melted down the chocolate chips and while frozen I put the peanut butter balls in one at a time. I put them all back on a greased cookie sheet BUT when I’m trying to take them off the cookie sheet the chocolate separates from the peanut butter and crumbles. What do I do?

8. Kelly says:

my peanut butter mixture is too runny to ball up..i think I may have put a little too much butter. think I will use the Ziploc bag trick to form the balls. What if I refrigerate it and THEN make the balls? Any suggestions would be appreciated!! THANKS!!!

• Sally says:

I had this issue too, I don’t thinkit’s too much butter, but trying to soften the butter via microwave. Next time, I am going to leave the butter out for a few hours so it’s soft, then let the dough sit in the fridge for an hour or so, and then go for rolling dough!

• Cyd says:

Just click on the MAGIC button under the picture and then click on NUTRITION. It will give you the servings and all the nutritional info on the recipe. It’s our new sister site – MyRecipeMagic.com. Hope you’ll stop by and check it out. This will be great for teacher gifts.

9. Kelly says:

by the way, these were a HUGE hit at thanksgiving!!! Everyone was on the peanut butter ball search! it was hilarious! Kept them hidden in the fridge! thank you for sharing this super easy recipe with us!! Making some more tonight, just because! :)

10. Phillip says:

Easy enough recipe, but how do you get past the granular texture due to the brown sugar? The consistent comment that I received over and over again was, “why didn’t you use powdered sugar instead of granular sugar?” As good as the peanut butter component tasted, none of my family or friends could get past the “sandy” “grainy” taste due to the brown sugar.

I’ve looked through the comments here and no one has noticed the sweet, sandy taste while eating these?

I followed the directions to the letter, my measurements were exact and I’m not sure what I did wrong, if anything…

Any suggestions?

11. Dante says:

I usually do not create a lot of comments, but I looked at a few of
    the remarks on this page Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls | Six
    Sisters’ Stuff. I actually do have a couple of questions
    for you if it’s allright. Could it be simply me or does it look like some of these
    responses come across like they are written by brain dead visitors?
    :-P And, if you are writing on additional online sites, I’d like
    to keep up with you. Could you make a list of every one of your shared pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

Also visit my web-site; where to buy electronic cigarettes in
    toronto (Dante)

12. gloria says:

I would just like to share the way I make my peanut butter balls..
    2 cups peautbutter
    1 stick butter
    3-4 cups powder sugar
    everything else the same ;-) no grittiness!!

13. Beth says:

Im planning on making this yummy recipe. After reading some of the comments I will use only powdered sugar no brown and instead of rolling in my hands Ill use a small cookie scoop and make sure to chill before dipping in the chocolate. To the chocolate add about a teaspoon of shortening so it will harden.

14. Kendyll says:

I tried extra chunky peanut butter and added a little extra to account for the volume of peanut chunks and it came out great! =) Loved the texture! Thank you!