Homemade Butterfingers Candy Bars

Some people at my mom's work were talking about this recipe and how amazing it was. They then told me the ingredients used to make these homemade Butterfingers and I was incredibly doubtful . . . I love Butterfinger candy bars, but I am not crazy about candy corn. They don't taste like each other at all! So, in an effort to prove them wrong, I tried this recipe . . .
And I am still in complete shock over how DELICIOUS they were!
And yes, they really did taste like Butterfingers! It is unreal! The taste is seriously spot-on.
I did feel like they weren't as hard and flaky as the actual candy bars, but I read that freezing the bars a for a little while will help with that. I actually liked these bars better than the Butterfinger candy bar. Try them out for yourself . . . they are so easy to make and require no baking at all.
Homemade Butterfingers Candy Bars
Ingredients:
1 lb candy corn
1 (16 oz) jar creamy peanut butter
1 (16 oz) package chocolate candy coating
Melt candy corn in microwave on high 1 minute. Stir and continue cooking in 15-second intervals until completely melted, stirring after each interval. Stir in peanut butter. Spread mixture in a 9x9" pan lined with wax paper. Let cool completely (put in the fridge if you want it to set up more quickly). Cut into bite-size squares or bars.
Melt chocolate as directed on package. Dip peanut butter bars in melted chocolate candy coating. Lay on waxed paper to set.

Recipe adapted from Taste of Home Community.

Here are some more delicious candy recipes:
  1. Dana says:

I saw a comment about this recipe on another blog and the cook had accidentally overcooked her candy corn in the microwave for almost 3 minutes… the candy was bubbling up like milk will. She VERY quickly added the PB and the finished bars were crunchy like a real Butterfinger……

2. Erika says:

Wow, candy corn?! I’m impressed! I hate candy corn, but this looks promising. I’ll have to put these on my to-make list this Fall! Thanks. :)

3. Swimtaxi says:

“accidentally overcooked her candy corn in the microwave for almost 3 minutes… the candy was bubbling up like milk will. She VERY quickly added the PB and the finished bars were crunchy like a real Butterfinger……”

We made this recipe tonight and I accidentally microwaved the candy corn too long too. I hadn’t read the above quote yet, but I mixed in the PB anyway and hoped for the best.

Ours turned out crunchy like a real butterfinger. Amazing!

4. Gerri Kling says:

OMG…seriously? I’m thinking there’s just no way this will taste like Butterfingers, right? WRONG! Being the night owl that I am, and having a serious sweet tooth. I thought these sound super simple so…what the heck, it’s almost 1 am and I’m wide awake. Here we go. The filling is in the fridge as we speak and my son is in his room scraping the bowl with a spoon! That’s just the filling. We haven’t even got to the chocolate yet. I think we are going to be in heaven quite soon….gotta go melt some chocolate now. Thanks for sharing!

5. Lindsay says:

I don’t care for candy corn, but I LOOOOVE butterfingers! This may give me cause to go out and hoard candy corn. Thank you so much for linking up to Sunday’s Sweet Confessions over at mommy’s sweet confessions! Have a great day!

6. Joy says:

I love Butterfinger & I love candy corn, so I knew I’d love this recipe. I WAS RIGHT! They also passed inspection by my sweets-loving son!

7. Cari says:

FABULOUS!! Seriously – these are so, so good and taste very similar to Butterfingers. We have to be sure we give some away to friends when we make them so we don’t eat the whole pan ourselves. :)

8. Kat. says:

It’s just after Halloween, so ALL the candy corn is on sale! Perfect time to stock up and make these delicious treats, for myself!