Skinny Cookies n’ Cream Cupcakes Recipe

If you were a fan of our Skinny Funfetti Cupcakes, you will love these Skinny Cookies n' Cream Cupcakes!  They are a great low calorie alternative to the regular cupcake!
This recipe is also part of our eBook "25 Low Fat Snack Recipes," coming soon!
Skinny Cookies n' Cream Cupcakes Recipe:
(makes 24 cupcakes)
Cupcake Ingredients:
1 pkg. Devils Food Cake Mix (just the powder, not the recipe on the box)
1 (12 ounce) can Diet Coke
Cupcake Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line 24 cupcake tins with paper liners.  In a large bowl, combine cake mix and Diet Coke together.  Continue to mix until the batter is smooth without any lumps.  Pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter into every cupcake wrapper.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Let cool before frosting.
Frosting Ingredients:
1 (8 ounce) container Fat Free Cool Whip
1 (4.2 ounce) pkg. Oreo Cookies and Cream Jell-o Instant Pudding and Pie Filling

Frosting Directions:
In a mixing bowl, add Cool Whip and pudding.  Mix with a whisk by hand or an electric hand mixer until smooth.  Spread over cooled cupcakes.  Makes enough frosting for 24 cupcakes.
Nutritional Information:
Each cupcake: 121 calories, 24 carbohydrates, 2 grams fat, 1 gram protein
My friend Stacie has started a great blog to help you get in shape and eat healthy!
You can follower her on Facebook HERE
Looking for other low fat snack ideas?
Here are some of our favorites:
  1. Elizabeth says:

Made these tonight, and they were delicious! :) They tasted like they were double the calories! I felt that it was definitely a scant 1/4 cup of batter to make 24 cupcakes. I had to spoon some of the batter into the rest of the empty cupcakes to make a total of 24. Thanks for the delicious recipe! :)

• Six Sisters says:

Just click on the magic button under the picture. Then click on “Nutrition” and it will give you points on these cupcakes. This is our new sister blog Myrecipemagic.com. -The Six Sisters

• Cyd says:

We are working on getting MAGIC buttons on all of our recipes. It will take a little time. Then you will be able to get all the nutritional value of every recipe we post! MyRecipeMagic.com.
        Cyd (mother of the Six Sisters)

• Stacey says:

I calculated them to be 3 pts plus per cupcake based on the nutritional values shown with the photo above.

2. Amanda says:

Thank you for the recipe! It inspired me to make myself a “guilt free” birthday cake using a slightly modified version of this recipe. It turned out AMAZING!

3. Jami says:

The cupcake batter was crazy dense! More so than a brownie batter… I had to spoon it into the liners. They turned out yummy for sure! Like a brownie cupcake :D We absolutely loved the frosting and plan on using it again on other cakes! Thanks for sharing!

4. Kathryn L says:

Hi from the UK!

Over here we can’t get Cool Whip, but I make my own with milk, a little sugar, vanilla and xanthan gum. I can get Oreo Jell-o through an American food-stuffs supplier, but I was wondering about the Devil’s cake food mix. Is this Betty Crocker’s? Because there is a Betty Crocker’s Devil’s cake food mix in the local supermarkets..

So want to try this recipe :D

5. Madeline says:

Hi there, I made these and once I made the frosting it was a little bit too soft, so I put it in the freezer for a bit. I took it out and mixed it with my electric mixer again, and it turned very gummy and the color got darker. It also shrunk down a lot. Any idea why that is?

6. Jennifer says:

I tried this recipe and I love them! I didnt have chocolate chips but I had some 100 calorie oreo thin crisps that I crushed and mixed in the frosting. Delicious!

7. valentina says:

hi girls, LOVE your recipes <3
    writing from italy, i can't really find devil's food box here ..
    so i was wondering whats inside exactly?
    i guessed it could be powdered stuffs like flour, cocoa but i didnt know about powdered eggs and powdered milk. since i would like to try it ..any tips for what i can add to flour, cocoa and diet coke?
    in italy powdered eggs doesn't exist and not even milk (and i am afraid of reaction fresh milk+coke)
    thanks for your help :)

8. Jenna says:

Hello!

This recipe turned great for me. I used Duncan Hines Devils Food cake mix and I was about to get about 21 cupcakes. I’m allergic to dairy so I substituted the fat free cool whip with a combination of tofu, vanilla extract, soymilk and truvia sweetener to add to the Oreo pudding packet and they were SO good. I’m wondering now how I could figure out the nutrition facts since I altered the recipe?

Thanks again for sharing the recipe!